Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify isn't using the same SheerID list as other apps

Spotify isn't using the same SheerID list as other apps

For context, I attend the Institute of Culinary Education in Pasadena. Not only is this an accredited college, but the campus I attend is the former campus of Le Cordon Bleu in Pasadena. The facilities were purchased after Le Cordon Bleu was unaccredited in the U.S.

I contacted SheerID through Spotify, trying to get my college added to the Spotify Student plan. It took some back and forth, but they told me the problem would be solved. This was in September, and the Spotify list is still inaccurate. I started going through my other subscriptions to see if I was eligible for other student plans, and to my amazement, every other app using SheerID DOES have my school. So far I've had no problem verifying my college with other services, just Spotify. 

What has upset me the most is that every defunct Le Cordon Bleu campus is still on Spotify's list. All 16 of the permanently closed colleges, including the campus now owned and operated by my school, are confoundingly still eligible for Spotify Student. This is not an issue with any of the other services I've used, it's as if Spotify is using an outdated list and has neglected to update it for at least the last 4 months.

3 Replies

Hey @gabebaldaia,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to hear that your college still hasn't been added to the list. Since SheerID handles the verification for a student discount, it's best to reach out to them regarding this matter.

We hope this helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

edit

It’s apparent to me that you didn’t bother to read the complaint. I’ve already contacted SheerID, to which my college WAS added to their verified list — on every app except Spotify.

It’s actually incredibly unhelpful to be redirected a dozen times when I’ve very clearly described the source of the issue for you. Spotify needs to clear things up with SheerID, because your list is not consistent with theirs. I hope it doesn’t take another 4 months this time.

Suggested posts