Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Kids Authorization

Spotify Kids Authorization

I have a Preimum Family Account. I'm trying to set up my kids on their ipads and iphones with spotify kids.  Every time I use my family account to login to Spotify Kids, it says invalid / login password and failed. I have facebook authorization for my spotify account and its clearly not working with spotify kids.  How ridiculous!  I should be able to set up my kids account NOT using the Spotify Kids app.  Has anyone had this issue before?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 7 and Ipad)

My Question or Issue

10 Replies

Hey there @alkakhatri,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like you're having troubles logging in the Spotify Kids app using your Facebook-created account.

Currently, as you noticed, it’s not possible to log in to the Kids app via Facebook directly. However, if you select the log in via Facebook option in the app, you’ll be given steps on how to create a password for your account.

If you're having troubles seeing that, no worries - just follow these steps:

1. Reset your password at https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/
  2. Enter the email address registered to your Facebook account.
  3. Continue through the steps to create a password for your Spotify account.

Once that's set, you can log in Spotify Kids with your account by entering your Facebook email address and the password you created through this process.

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could add some additional details on what steps you're having troubles on and any screenshots (if possible) so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Here in 2022, same issue. Tried logging in without a password and it just logs me into my account on the browser. Getting frustrated!

Hey @Kipp0410,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To investigate your case, we'd need more info about it. 

First, could you confirm if you're trying to login to Spotify Kids with your account, or if it's with a regular login?

Also, let us know if you're using the Web Player or the Spotify app, along with the make, model and OS version of the affected device.

Lastly, it would be great if you could include a short video where we can take a better look at the issue. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator

Same issue

cant login to the kids account

i have set the account but then when I use the email and a password  it logos me in to another user account that doesn’t have subscription?

How can I remove my Facebook connection ?

as this is really annoying 

Hey @Strangeraccounts,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Keep in mind that the email used to log in to the Kids app needs to be the same one registered in your account as owner. If the app is showing you a different profile with no subscription, that means that you're using the wrong email.

First, we'd recommend checking the email address registered on your account (as owner) by logging in to your account page under the Account Overview heading.

After this, open the Spotify Kids app and use the same email/password of your own account to log in. In case you log in using Apple of Facebook, you can use the option "LOG IN WITHOUT PASSWORD" and enter the email address registered to your account. You can find all the info here.

On the other hand, you can disconnect your Facebook profile following the process mentioned at the bottom of this article. But if your account was created with Facebook, you'll have to contact with our Customer Support so they can help you further since we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

I signed up for family premium, have record of the transaction and it shows that I have the family premium plan on the app. I have not been able to log in to the Spotify kids app so I tried to verify my email on the website and it says I am a free user. Help! How do I get that updated so I can log in and utilize what I am paying for? I want to checkout the kids app. 

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could it be possible, that you're logged in on a different account on the browser and that's why you're not seeing the Family subscription? I think it's worth going through the steps on this page to find out if this is the case. 

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Having a similar issue. Trying to log into Spotify kids on my daughters phone with my details as the family plan is set up in my name. Yet I keep getting a message saying “only a family plan manager can create a kids account”

please help!

The Spotify account I have used to set up my family plan is linked to my Facebook, but I no longer have access to the email that I used to set it up my Facebook account.  Is there anything I can do to log into Spotify Kids?

Hey @rachelk037

Welcome to the Community! 

A direct login through Facebook is not possible for Spotify Kids as we send an email link to finalize the process. We would advise to change the email associated with your Spotify account through your account page. Afterwards you`ll have access and be able to create the Spotify Kids account by following these steps here.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts