Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

A change of tune- appreciating Spotify

Solved!

A change of tune- appreciating Spotify

• This is just in comparison to Apple Music.

1. Offering a permanent free tier

• Apple offers a trial period but then users need to choose a subscription plan. Sometimes there are bundles and exceptions. 

2. Podcast exclusives, and ability to access them on all devices 

• Apple also has great podcast content, but it’s essentially contingent on using Apple hardware. 

3. Having an interactive User Community

• Users can interact with one another and learn. They have the ability to make suggestions about improvements (though this usually manifests into negativity), and have dedicated moderators to help them

Feel free to add on!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great topic @Mitre226644! One that I'd add would be the audiobook listening that is available in Premium plans. While I haven't really gotten the chance to take advantage of this yet, I've saved several books I'm interested in listening to and look forward to giving that a try. I know some of the non music features aren't appealing to everyone, but for me it does add value to the service as far as options I'm interested in having access to. 

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Podcast Exclusives? I literally have moved to Apple music as an android user because Apple music gives me music and doesn't pester me with podcast **bleep**. 

And as far as the community and the ability to make suggestions, customers have been suggesting that they let them hide all the podcast and now audiobook **bleep** since they dropped it and those suggestions are pointedly ignored. It's not about giving you what you want as a customer, it's about Spotify pushing you to want what it wants you to want.

Leroy!

Gosh you seem like a real fun person. 

It takes a certain level of “listen to me, world, because I’m important!” to remain on the Spotify Community after switching to Apple Music.

I’m sorry I didn’t preface this with a comment that would prevent wonderful folks like you from opining on this. My bad. 

I hope you and your fellow hobgoblins enjoy your weekend.

Marked as solution

Great topic @Mitre226644! One that I'd add would be the audiobook listening that is available in Premium plans. While I haven't really gotten the chance to take advantage of this yet, I've saved several books I'm interested in listening to and look forward to giving that a try. I know some of the non music features aren't appealing to everyone, but for me it does add value to the service as far as options I'm interested in having access to. 

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts