Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Let's introduce ourselves!

Let's introduce ourselves!

Hey there you,

Yeah, you! 😁

Welcome - we're glad you joined the Spotify Community!

While you here, let's have a fun game and get to know each other better!

The game is simple: 

Find the latest comment and hit reply > comment to say hi! 👋 to this user and then introduce yourself in a new post:

1. What's your name?
  2. Where in the world are you?
  3. What's your favorite track at the moment?
  4. When did you start using Spotify?
  5. Share a random thought/fun fact etc!

Let's go 🙂

🌟 Star tip: you can switch to threaded view to find and answer to greetings from other Community users! 

1,283 Replies

I will x

Hello,

My name is C.

Right now I'm in London, England.

My favourite track at the moment is Spirit 2.0 by Sampha. 

I started using Spotify back in 2013 (I think). It was around that time I started adding tracks to a playlist using Shazam. Whenever a song caught my attention I Shazammed it and, like magic, it would automatically drop into my playlist. "My Shazam Playlist" is currently 325 hours and 29 minutes long. That's 13 and a half days of non-stop music. There' s rarely a day when I am not moved to Shazam a song and add it to my playlist. I could be in the car, in a shop or a cafe, on the bus or at home when my ears twitch and I reach for my phone.

But what makes the list? Well, to begin with, it was a way of capturing memories. Music has the power to transport you back in time (it can take you forward too). It was those moments when you chance upon a great song you haven't heard for a long time, and that you hadn't realised you loved so much until that moment when you hear it again.  Like the very first song I remember hearing as a two year old - "You're the One that I Want" by John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, if you must know. I was sat in my pushchair outside a corner shop while Mum picked up some things for dinner. It was a blazing hot Summer day and through the open doorway I can hear the song playing on the radio; (the second song I remember hearing - "Hit Me with Your Rhythm Stick" by Ian Dury is slightly cooler). Alongside memories this playlist includes a heap of songs that prompt a flash of recognition followed by an "Aha!" moment as I realise where that sample comes from. This category includes "I Got The..." by Labi Siffre, which starts as one song then, about three minutes in, transforms into Eminem's "My Name Is". 

But it's not just old familiar music. I use the playlist to capture new music as well - sounds, genres and artists that for whatever reason have made me stop and listen. 

As well as being by far my longest playlist, it's also the one I listen to the most. Set to shuffle, it's guaranteed to surface non-stop bangers from my past, present and future. So when people ask me "what kind of music are you into...?" I send them the link to My Shazam List 🎼🎵🎶 x

Hi guys!

with affection, here are the answers:

What's your name?
R. Clara
Where in the world are you?
R. Brazil
What's your favorite song at the moment?
https://open.spotify.com/intl-pt/track/7BiAKhPIp3Hixo9JaIP9Vm?si=026bbd83c66d46fe&nd=1&dlsi=1d91db90...
When did you start using Spotify?
I started using it since 2015
Share a random thought/fun fact, etc:
"In the other person's shoes you learn to understand".

Malcolm, UK
Favourite track? Always something new - I love variety; my core playlist is over 2000 tracks now, covers multiple genres from dark pop, piano instrumental, folk through to melodeth, hardcore, drum&bass/metal fusion - I tend to lean to the heavier end most of the time.
When did you start using Spotify? Years ago - since not long after it became available.
If I am awake, music is playing - was in the top 0.5% worldwide of listeners last year.  Ranks alongside a cup of tea as one of the few things in life I would never give up.

How old are you?
Please give me your email and I will give you mine!

JuliaKristynik

Greetings from Northeastern PA 🤘

Hi,Julia!
I have, 36 old.
**bleep**

Kisses from Brazil

Hi,Julia!
I have, 36 old.
**bleep**

Kisses from Brazil

Hi I’m quitting this garbage platform because of your terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible idea to force me to listen to songs that I did not add to my playlists. Whoever had the idea to auto-pollute us

I'm Gerry, in Hawaii, and I've been listenting to Spotify for years now. Fun fact? Let's see.... Oh, I know. Did you know polar bears are the largest living land carnivore? I just saw that on Bing this morning.

You don’t know how to edit playlists obviously 

Hey, ich habe gerade die Rechnung bekommen, also 10,99 Euro, will aber Kündigen. Bekomme ich mein Geld zurück, wenn ich kündige, oder nicht?

Hi there,

Love the story, made me giggle and think about the thousands of playlists and songs I have.  I have shazam but how do you get it to drop into spotify? Also as you seem to now how to use spotify well, please tell me - from all my lists, yes, ok, I have over 4700 songs, how do I find out if I have any repeats. Not in the same list but throughout? Also I have 2 different phone numbers because of living in Europe and South Africa, how can I do the shazam thing from both. **bleep**, I really am asking a huge amount. Hope you can lead me in some sort of direction.

Thanks

DRER

Ok so I really don't know how to use this yet. I was asking another member for some help.

About me - well just listen to all sorts of music and have only been with spotify since 2021. Now I have eventually put spotify on my computer and am seeing all this community stuff for the first time. OOOOppps 😂

I live in Czechia, but have been staying a lot in South Africa. 2 vastly different countries😉

Hope to be more active in the community. Have a great evening.

Where is Czechia 🇨🇿? I know I could google it but chatting is more fun 🤩

good work

ok thx

I'm actually 11 but i don't care because i'm used to this 

when did you start spotify

cool bro

Suggested posts