Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks missing from playlist when shared

Solved!

Tracks missing from playlist when shared

Hey Guys! 

I've just noticed that on some of my shared playlists, no tracks are showing up at all while on others only a certain number of tracks are showing. 

Is it correct to think that all songs in white, even if they have the local file icon should be playable everyone? The greyed out song titles/artists are not actually linked to Spotify's catalgoue and therefore unplayable?

How do I tell if my local files are linked to the Spotify library and therefore playable to everyone else? 

Thanks! 

23 Replies

Hi. I see all the tracks, including two which I can't play as they're local files at your end.

@jenmullane wrote:

Hey All,

The original issue seems to be back - I just created this playlist Midweek Road Trip Part 1 and only 30 of the 64 tracks are showing?

I made sure when I was creating it to select tracks from the Spotify library.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Indeed they do 🙂

@bpword2322 wrote:

Interesting.  When I do a "search" on Spotify for an artist do my local files that match that artist also show up?  

Hi everyone. I'm having an issue with my local playlists. All of my playlists are imported from itunes and are local. When I share these playlists, my friends can't see the songs, they are all gray and the only songs they can play are the few i added directly from spotify. All the tracks I have on my playlist are very commercial and can be found on the spotify library so I can't understand why my friends can't see them.

thank you

The issue will be caused when the Spotify client can't directly match the metadata from your local tracks to ones in its catalogue so those tracks will be "unknown" to clients you share with. Only solution is to remake the playlist with Spotify catalogue tracks I'm afraid (or try changing your local metadata but that can get messy).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts