Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 7 is out! So who's installing it?

iOS 7 is out! So who's installing it?

Hi everyone!

As lots of you probably know by now, either because you like Apple or you checked facebook this evening to find it spammed by posts about it, iOS 7 has been globally rolled by Apple throughout the course of today.
I was on the beta so had the GM for the last week therefore I obviously already have it.
So, who's going to download it? I imagine the results might be interesting, especially with the jailbroken users 😛

I personally think it's a great OS, and pretty 'revolutionary' to quote Apple. What does everyone else think about it?

Anthony 🙂
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
20 Replies

I installed it yesterday and i like it so far. Loving the control center just a swipe away.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

@Christoffer wrote:
I installed it yesterday and i like it so far. Loving the control center just a swipe away.

Yup, that's one of the features that I like, makes it far more practical, especially changing the brightness and toggling wireless functions 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

I updated yesterday, although I had issues getting my iPhone to play ball during the update process. 

Have to say, I'm impressed!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Not a fan of the new Apple default apps, e.g. Settings/Safari. Not sure why. Apart from that I really like it though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I think it's great!!

Finally, a torch function that doesn't require you having to download an app from the app store!
All feels very nice, really like the opening of apps and folders, and the new unlocking screen is pretty slick!

Some of the icons are abit 'androidy' but other than that I think Apple have out done themselves!

Also the new messaging layout is much cooler than the old one!

Seems there is a slight lock screen bug to be aware of:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/ios-7-lockscreen-bug-opens-up-e...

Peter

Peter

@Peter wrote:

Seems there is a slight lock screen bug to be aware of:

http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/ios-7-lockscreen-bug-opens-up-e...

Peter

O.O Thanks, I'll just be careful with my phone for a little while then 😉

Anthony

I installed it earlier this week. I like it a lot but it drains my battery a lot more than iOS6 did 😞

Really!?

I've the opposite, I'm actually stretching to 2 days now without charging which is pretty rare! Same for the iPad!

Peter

Peter

Works great. Let's hope Spotify will take advantage of the API and implement some neat translucency. 

Ally's

I always install new firmware no matter whats new in it.. I hate not being on the latest firmware 😄 plus iOS 7 is good even though lots are hating it, will be getting my new iphone 5C and iphone 5S soon as well, long delivery times for the 5S but only 24 hours for the C, but because I ordered it on a thursday now I have to wait until Monday.

Oh well

On a side note I used to jailbreak every time but now I just dont have the need for it as a stock ipsw as everything I need minus one thing, on the iPad I wish there was the ability to change the default browser from safari to Chrome

5C and a 5S? 

I don't really think there's a lot of hate for iOS 7. Some people simply believe there's too much white and some apps have gone the route of form over functionality (I'm looking at you calender). 

The iPad version does however feel a bit unpolished at this stage but I expect that will change with 7.1.

Ally's

yeah, the 5C pink version is my other half 🙂 but I get to check it out and see what its like, at the moment I have the 5 but have to wait until the 8 october to get the 5S...

I have it on my 128gb iPad as well, I like some of the functions more like the notification center now takes up the whole screen and not just a tiny amount.. so many other features I am liking more on iOS 7 apart from the lack of Browser changer....

but apple already released iOS 7.0.2 for all devices so they are fixing lots of bugs including one that still allows you to bypass the lock screen thats still there on ios 7.0.2..

I see. So you decided to upgrade, even though you have a 5? I guess TouchID seems like a neat feature, but other than that I can't really see why someone would want to upgrade from the 5. Sure, there have been som improvements to the front and rear cameras, however, the changes to the front seems redundant because Apple no longer supports HD facetime (they faced a patent troll). 

I don't expect them to give the user the ability to change the stock browser any time soon. It's just not really a part of the Apple ecosystem. 

Ally's

yeah you are right, I dont expect them to allow us to be able to change the default browser in the next 5 years or longer,

Yeah im upgrading from the 5 and giving the 5 as a gift.. I knwo there are not a lot of changes on the outside but the A7 processor, the 64bit system even though it does not have more then 4GB of ram there are other uses for the 64gb os.. and of course I always download from the app store making me need a 64GB version and also the finger print to unlock will be something I would use all the time.. ill probably skip the 6 and get the 6S though lol...

how about yourself? 

Cool. A lot of people have been saying that 64 bit is uesless/makes no difference as long as the phone doesn't support more RAM than 4 GB, which is both right and wrong. According to Anandtech there's actually some valid points to as why Apple already decided to move on with a different architecture. Needless to say, the improvements have been pretty prominent. 

Sure, TouchID seems convenient. Too bad we won't see it supported by third party apps in a while because of the whole NSA/PRISM debacle.

I carry a 5 so I'm going to stick with it, for now. IOS 7 runs smoothly and it's not missing any features.  

Ally's

This might be a decent place to drop my conversation ender on Apple. 

I currently have a 4S and I refuse to upgrade since I truly believe that the 4S is a better size than the 5's. Forgetting about the technical things like aspect ratios and things - I have really small hands and I physically can't tap the top left corner of an iPhone 5 with my thumb confortably (with my right hand) like I can on a 4S. 

Thoughts?

iOS 7 has been running perfectly smooth on it too - so I'm not feeling the need for an update any time soon!

Peter

Edit: Missing line break

Peter

well if the 4S is the right size for you then why upgrade to a phone where you wont be comfortable... lots of people are still buying the 4S and there is nothing wrong with it especially if it has and does everything you need..

I never had the 4S and got the 5 after but the phone is a lot thinner as well, but for me I am comfortable with the 4S or 5/5S

Well, unless you don't feel like you need an improved camera then I wouldn't tell you to upgrade. Nonetheless, the gap between the 4S and the 5S is pretty significant. Although...on the one hand you have pretty big leaps in terms of hardware but on the other hand the user experience is pretty much the same since Apple update previous models. 

Thing is though, I'm convinced that Apple will increase the screen size with the iPhone 6. So if you still want to hold on to the same width, then I would seriously consider the 5S. Last thing though, Apple might make the future c-versions stay at 4 inches. 

Ally's

Suggested posts