Shuffle Multiple Playlists?

12 people liked this

Shuffle Multiple Playlists?

MarenMecham
Casual Listener
Would love to see a feature where multiple playlists could be shuffled together for a longer-play mix. Please?
9 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Shuffle Multiple Playlists?

Mattosaurus
Community Legend

Interesting idea. If you want to do this now, try making a new playlist and add songs from the playlists that you would want to shuffle.

8 people liked this

bigveggie
Casual Listener

I can't believe that Spotify does not have this feature.  I will go back to Pandora which has that feature.  Sucks though because I like the fact that you can choose tunes on Spotify, but iwthouth the ability to shuffle playlists it's pretty worthless.

4 people liked this

MarenMecham
Casual Listener
You can shuffle a single playlist, but I am hoping they will add a feature that lets you group a couple of playlists together for one shuffled session. Of course, I could make another playlist which includes the ones I want to shuffle, but it would be nice to be able to just pick a couple of favorites that I want to temporarily join together.

bigveggie
Casual Listener

Thanks for your reply. I have only been a spotify member for a few hours but I've already come to believe that it really SUCKS.  Many people have recomended that they add the functionality of shuffling multiple playlists.  Their reponse is that there is a similar suggestion that you should click on but when you click on that one it shows that the idea has been deactivated.  Total incompetenc!!  I can't believe that they are even in business anymore.  With Pandora you can select which playlists to include in the shuffle.  Very easy to program.  Spotify just sucks!

9 people liked this

bigveggie
Casual Listener

Hi Maren,

I figured out how to shuffle multiple playlists.  You need to create a tree sttucture of folders. You can have folders within folders.  You can then shuffle a single folder that has several subfulders within it and each folder having several artists.   In the desktop app, Click on

"File > New Playlist Folder" ,  Then name that folder what ever you want.  Maybe something like All Music Shuffle:.  Then create another folder the same way but call it sometihng like "Folk" or whatever genre you want.  Then click and drag that folder into the All Music Shuffle folder.  Create as many subfolders as you want in this manner.  You can have folders within other folders several layers deep.  Then put whatever tunes you want in each folder.  Then when you wantt to shuffle between all those various playlists just go back and play the one root folder that contains all the subfolders (in this case the one called All Music Shuffle) then click on the shuffle icon and it will shuffle between all the playlests that are within the varous folders and subfolders inside.  I probably didn't explain it that well, but if you just good around with adding playlist folders and then dragging them into each other and then putting playlists within them you will figure it out.  Good luck.

3 people liked this

Vinz2k
Casual Listener
It's not working anymore on ios version ! :-/
2 people liked this

jorischkovich

@bigveggie wrote:

Hi Maren,

I figured out how to shuffle multiple playlists.  You need to create a tree sttucture of folders. You can have folders within folders.  You can then shuffle a single folder that has several subfulders within it and each folder having several artists.   In the desktop app, Click on

"File > New Playlist Folder" ,  Then name that folder what ever you want.  Maybe something like All Music Shuffle:.  Then create another folder the same way but call it sometihng like "Folk" or whatever genre you want.  Then click and drag that folder into the All Music Shuffle folder.  Create as many subfolders as you want in this manner.  You can have folders within other folders several layers deep.  Then put whatever tunes you want in each folder.  Then when you wantt to shuffle between all those various playlists just go back and play the one root folder that contains all the subfolders (in this case the one called All Music Shuffle) then click on the shuffle icon and it will shuffle between all the playlests that are within the varous folders and subfolders inside.  I probably didn't explain it that well, but if you just good around with adding playlist folders and then dragging them into each other and then putting playlists within them you will figure it out.  Good luck.

Thank you, that works 

1 person liked this

aushapasha

I can't thank you enough for this post reply, even 3 years later!! I'm a KJ and I was getting bored of having to cycle thru several of my playlists in the middle of my shows. This makes it so much easier. Thanks again!

bigm
Regular

Why is this not possible on the Android app?!

SUGGESTED POSTS