Step 1

NEXT STEP

medium.png

Backstage Intro
Meet the Stars

Backstage Intro: Meet Matt!

EthanS1

Backstage-pass.png

Our Community Rock Stars can submit blog posts to be published on the Spotify Community Blog. To find out more about the Rock Star Program click here. 

Hey there, @crematedman (Rock Star)! Tell us something about yourself.

I'm Australian! I study law (major criminology) and in my spare time I volunteer with Red Cross, UN Youth and others. MATT1 -BACKSTAGE.PNG

If music were removed from the world, how would you feel?

Lost for sure. Live music is irreplaceable. Music makes everything better! It can take you places, remind you of past events, change or heighten your mood, imply a message, poeticise your own experiences, I'd be devastated without that.

If you could be part of any band/group for a day who would that be and why?

So hard! Maybe The Roots. They've done some insane collaborations across so many genres, and obviously they're on Jimmy Fallon. Such a wide variety of quality musicians, lyricists and songwriters - and enigmatic ones at that - so much fun and knowledge to be had!

So, what kind of music are you into?

I get into indie, rock, some pop, rap, soundtrack/ambient, jazz, folk/acoustic, brit, classic rock, soul, noise, garage, experimental/alternative, blues, some metal, shoegaze, electronic, house, swing, punk, Americana, and classical. Especially fusion! 

Thanks for taking your time to chat with us. Before we go, what joke always makes you laugh?

Without fail, this one. What's Whitney Houston's favourite type of co-ordination?..... HAAAAAAND EEEYEE EYE

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

6 Comments