Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Connect] Option to deactivate Spotify Connect

I want to have the opption to turn it off. Please fix this, i wan't to listen to music and still be online without connect starts.

Please fix this. 

Jag vill gärna kunna använda spotify på en telefon utan att den andra telefonen ska börja dra batteri för att ni kommit på denna tjänst utan en avstängningsfunktion. Då ni är Svenska som startat detta hoppas jag på att ni accepterar svensk text. Och en svensk meny till spotify hade varit trevligt. 🙂

Från en trogen användare sedan år tillbaka 🙂

Updated on 2023-03-27

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the Not Right Now status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Swanny

How exactly does Connect get in the way?

sweetrose

It automaticly starts spotify on my private cell (if it's connected to internet, wifi och mobile network, it doesn't matter) if I use spotify on my phone at work. It's taking energy on my private cell when I play music on my workcell. It's not okay. Just a turn on/off switch would solve this problem just fine.

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

SR_Penny

Definately need this option!

EarlPurple

I wasn't having a problem with it until yesterday.

Now my problem is that when I play something on one device it moves the other device to what I was playing and I don't want that. My mobile is used for a different playlist than my laptop.

Yes, it needs to be an option.

Narut

@EarlPurple

Same here, very annoying!

harrybrasil

Sequence:

1) iPad running Spotify - listening song

2) Starting Spotify on iPod touch

- Popping up Message on iPod touch: "You are controlling the Music on iPad" - Continue - Play here (I do not know the exact words (German version))

2a) If pressing CONTINUE - iPod touch works as a Remote Control

I think that is the desired way

2b) If pressing PLAY HERE - iPod touch plays the song, but suddenly .... Popping up Message on iPad: "You are controlling the Music on iPod touch..." 

The popping messages - especially the second - are annoying. 

Default should be: Let the music play on the first item - and pause the second....

SmokinJoe

Please, please, please find a way to turn this off - or at LEAST put in some way to maintain the playlist that I was listening to.

This has been driving my absolutely insane at work - I listen through my desktop during the day and occasionally take a little walk outside with my phone.  The fact that either my phone's playlist is blown away or my desktop one will be blown away really, really ruins my spotify experience.

I've been trying to deal with it for the last month or so, but it's quickly turning into a huge dealbreaker for me.  It's bad enough that Spotify has the worst memory as far as bookmarking a playlist, but this is just too much.

Chemswede

I got in the car this morning and hit "play" on my bluetooth radio.  Instead of the music starting to play on my phone through my car's speakers like it used to... I got silence.  I then realized that because I leave the program running (but music stopped) on my PC back in the house that it had started playing the music on my PC back in the house at 6am at near full volume and woke everyone up.

I like the idea of connect, but serisoulsy it needs an option to disable connect or at least a setting to select of which device to start playing on when you hit play like this.

kosta_ko

Option is needed to disable connect when we dont need to use it. I cant listen to different playlists anymore at different locations. I lose the playlist i was listening to in my car driving to work. I get to work and play different types of playlists and my phone opens the app and changes the playlist. I try to close it and get the option to play here(phone) or continue on my work pc.