Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 and Mac OS

My Question or Issue

When I'm using the Web Playback SDK I'm getting a 403 User not approved for app error everytime i try to call the API, And yes I did add the user into the Users & Access tab in my developer dashboard for the app and I triple checked the email and name of the user, 

What could be the issue here?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!

We discovered a bug related to adding users which has now been fixed. Can you confirm if it works as intended now?

Note: There is a 5 minute delay, so if you're adding new users it can take up to 5 minutes before the changes take effect.

/Ole

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @StijnMeershoek, welcome to the forum. Which API endpoint are you calling? The API response body often has information you can use in debugging, do you see a message in the response body?

In the response body it says: "User not approved for app" It happens when I try to call either the Play endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/play and the Me endpoint https://api.spotify.com/v1/me the Play endpoint being a PUT request and the Me endpoint a GET request, strange thing is the search endpoint does work, because it does return search results when I call it, (thanks for the quick reply)

I am having the exact same issue. After my initial request here I now had the time to try it again and added all relevant users by e-mail and full name. (why isn't the e-mail not enough by the way?)
The response to the stated HTTP request remains unchanged.

I'm seeing exactly the same thing on /me even though I've added the test user. /me works absolutely fine for the app "owner".  I'm not implementing a play endpoint yet, but can confirm search api works fine.

Marked as solution

Hi!

We discovered a bug related to adding users which has now been fixed. Can you confirm if it works as intended now?

Note: There is a 5 minute delay, so if you're adding new users it can take up to 5 minutes before the changes take effect.

/Ole

I can confirm it works now, thanks so much for resolving this very annoying issue

Hiya!

Can confirm it works now, thanks so much for the fast turn around 🙂

B

Suggested posts