Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Against Spotify Developers terms and conditions to add song to playlist?

Against Spotify Developers terms and conditions to add song to playlist?

Is it against the Spotify Developers terms and conditions to create a code that adds a song to collaborative playlists? I thought the wording in the terms and conditions was unclear on this matter, and I wanted to check.
1 Reply

Spotify's Developer Terms of Service states that developers should not create applications that "impersonate Spotify or attempt to mislead users." It also states that developers should not use Spotify's APIs to "create or promote products or services that are harmful, deceptive, or illegal."

With that said, creating a code that adds a song to a collaborative playlist would generally be allowed as long as it is not used to deceive users or harm the Spotify platform. However, it's always a good idea to review Spotify's Developer Terms of Service and API guidelines carefully to ensure that your application complies with their policies.

Additionally, it's important to respect users' privacy and obtain their consent before adding songs to their collaborative playlists, even if it's done through an automated process. Make sure that users are fully informed about how your application works and what data it accesses before they authorize it to interact with their Spotify accounts.

Touch the sky,

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts