Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug with an API Recently Played Tracks

Bug with an API Recently Played Tracks

According description, the method "Get Current User's Recently Played Tracks" must return the most recent 50 tracks that played more than 30 seconds.

In practice, play history isn't updated with any tracks 35-40-50... seconds. Only tracks that are almost or completely listened to are included.

This is a problem for any app that needs to use play history. Can you fix it?

9 Replies

Attached table with my test result

2020-11-09_23-14-49.png

Spotify's team, anybody here?

The problem is still relevant. What do I need to add for your reaction?

This is still an issue as of 10/03/2021

im experiencing the same issue

from my testing it seems only tracks that are fully played are returned

Same issue here. Only tracks that are fully played are appearing in this list.

Ideally we would have the option of passing a parameter to also show tracks that are partially played (and the duration they were played for).

Same for me as well. Is there no supported way to get the same recently played list as we can see in the client? Clearly the info is available internally. 

Are you guys actually getting the number of songs specified on the 'limit'? cause it's always less for me (getting 42 when looking for 50 for example), and the 'after' option does not work (I keep getting the same songs unlike with the 'followed artists'  option).
Just checking if I'm doing something wrong or that's this specific method that it's not working properly.

yeah, even if i use the before timestamp to get the songs before the 50 latest tracks, it shows null

Suggested posts