Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Create pre-save on website

Create pre-save on website

My Question or Issue

Hi!

I'm creating this post because I am wondering if anyone has ever created a pre-save on an artists website (or a website at all actually).

I work with digital marketing and it's very important that I am able to track everything that happens when we have a new release, create campaigns etc.

My biggest issue right now is that I am not able to target any ads to the people that have clicked on previous pre-save links because the website with the pre-save is outside of the artists website (we use distrokid but I have had the same problem with sony, warner etc when I've been working for other artists).

So what I want to know is - what do I need in order to create a button that does the same action as the button inside of the pre-save link that distrokid has (and other services that are like distrokid)?

1 Reply

Hi there stevenerixon, It is possible to create a pre-save campaign on an artist's website or any website by using a third-party tool or building a custom solution.

Like you stated, many music distribution services, such as DistroKid, offer pre-save features that can be embedded on an artist's website using an iframe or other integration methods. These features allow fans to pre-save an upcoming release directly from the artist's website.

To track pre-save campaigns, you can use a tracking pixel or another analytics tool to capture data on user behavior. This can help you better target ads and improve the effectiveness of your campaigns.

To create a custom pre-save button, you would need to work with a developer to build the necessary code and integrate it into your website. This could involve using APIs provided by music distribution services, building a custom database to store pre-save data, and implementing tracking and analytics tools to capture user behavior.

Highest regards,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts