Country

Germany

Device

Backend

Operating System

Linux/Windows

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I'd like to create an application, which users of the application have to host themself to use it. I plan to develop a kind-of jukebox application. As a party host, you normally would connect your laptop (or another device with access to Spotify) to your stereo. If guests want to add songs to the playlist, they have to sit down in front of your laptop and add them to the queue or you as a host could create a public playlist, where other spotify users could add songs to.

With my application, a party host would deploy it to their own server and guests just have to visit the frontend-app with their smartphones to add songs, to give a veto to the song currently playing etc.

My questions:

Does my idea of an application comply to the Spotify Developer Policy (I think so)?

Because of the need to "register" an application in your Spotify account dashboard and the need of a secret to access the Spotify Web API, it seems like every user (party host) of my application would then need to register the application to their dashboard again to use it. Am I right? Is there a better way to provide an application, which should be self-hosted by a user of my application?

0 Replies

Suggested posts