Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Devices API not showing the .exe player but showing webplayer.

Solved!

Devices API not showing the .exe player but showing webplayer.

Hello,

After yesterdays update to version 1.1.94.870 a number of users of the Spotify Stream Deck plugin on Windows have reported issues with the Devices API not showing the exe player (desktop player), but showing webplayer and other devices.

We have confirmed that the plugin works fine on version 1.1.93.898 so something in the new update has made the API unable to detect desktop players.

One of the errors reported looks like this:

SpotifyQuery returned with StatusCode: ServiceUnavailable Command: me/player Error: {
  "error": {
    "status": 503,
    "message": "Service unavailable"
  }
}

All users are on the Windows version of the player.

Looking for a response as to whether or not you are aware of the issue, and an update we can give users as to when it might be fixed.

Best regards

Geekie

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have them restart Spotify or if it doesn't update then

1. Clicking the three dots in the top left.

2. Hover over "Help".

3. Click "About Spotify".

The issue seems to be resolved in version 1.1.94.872 that was released today.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

This is happening to me too.
The web player is detected from my phone but the desktop player doesn't show up ever since I updated it few hours ago.

same here. Made a post about it earlier.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-for-Developers/Spotify-desktop-client-not-submitting-data-t...

Thought it might've had something to do with listening parties, but i guess that was just a coincidence

+1

same here

Can we download a previous version of Spotify?

Spotify does not have an official way of doing this, there are 3rd party ways, but wouldnt recommend those.

When do you think you'll be able to provide a patch or fix for this ?

Just asking. 

Same problem here. Anyone an idea if this is a bug or a new feature? 🙂

Still happening 

Highly doubt its a feature since there are no posts about it, I hope for Spotify's sake they didn't change anything without giving any info 😛

Hey @Geekie, thank you for reporting this to us. Can you tell us which endpoint your app is calling and what method you're using (e.g. GET or PUT)?  What status code is the response and what kind of error message are you seeing in the response body? 

Hi Josh, 

As of version 1.1.94.870 of Spotify exe player, calling the player/devices API (https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-users-available-devices/) will not return the player in the devices list, even if it's actively working and playing songs.

The API will return a 200 but without any devices

BarRaider has responded since his the developer of the plugin.

+1

Same problem

Same problem here. Unregulary working fine by some users and some random user have problems.

One User told me that it works fine over the browser but nothing over the desktop application

Same here but happens with code 204 sometimes

I'm experiencing the same. A lot of users of my app report that with the new Spotify Update nothing is working with the desktop player. Web-Player works, but no data is sent from the desktop player to the API.

Marked as solution

Have them restart Spotify or if it doesn't update then

1. Clicking the three dots in the top left.

2. Hover over "Help".

3. Click "About Spotify".

The issue seems to be resolved in version 1.1.94.872 that was released today.

Suggested posts