Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting 500 error status when request Playback state

Solved!

Getting 500 error status when request Playback state

Lately I've been getting an error 500 when requesting the Playback state (endpoint: /v1/me/player - GET) just after transferring to Amazon Alexa Echo devices through the API:

One thing I've noticed is that whenever I transfer devices through a Spotify app (instead of using the Web API) this behavior doesn't seem to happen and I get all responses correctly. However, once the device is restarted, I start getting errors at every Playback request again. 

Not only that, but I've also noticed that after transferring to Amazon Alexa Echo devices through the API, other endpoints have also been showing faulty behavior (such as the Play and Pause that have been returning a 404):

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Issue seems to have been taken care of, problem hasn't been happening anymore for a few days now, closing the thread.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yoooooo QA It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with the Spotify Web API when trying to interact with Amazon Alexa Echo devices. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check the documentation: Make sure you are following the correct protocol and using the correct parameters when interacting with the Spotify Web API. Check the Spotify Web API documentation to ensure that you are using the correct endpoint, query parameters, and HTTP headers.

2. Verify that the device is connected: Make sure that the Amazon Alexa Echo device is connected to your network and is registered with your Amazon account. Check the device's settings and connectivity to ensure that it is properly connected.

3. Check the authentication token: Ensure that you have a valid access token when making requests to the Spotify Web API. Check that your authentication token has not expired and is valid for the scopes required by the endpoints you are calling.

4. Try using a different device: If the issue persists, try using a different device to interact with the Spotify Web API. This could help isolate the issue and determine whether it is device-specific or related to the API.

I hope to have provided a solution or at least the steps towards one!

Give me a shout with your findings,

-Prague the Dog

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not trying to be rude as I really appreciate your assistance here, but I'd already checked all of these points before posting, so unfortunately I can't say this has been solved yet, but thank you anyway.

Of course, I’d be happy to assist with any other questions you have. 

-That Puppy Prague

PragueRising Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Issue seems to have been taken care of, problem hasn't been happening anymore for a few days now, closing the thread.

Suggested posts