Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I get full song from Spotify using Web API or iOS SDK?

Solved!

How can I get full song from Spotify using Web API or iOS SDK?

Hi all, I am developing a custom player mobile app, it will play songs from Spotify, but I can only get preview_url which provide 30s of the song.

Is it possible to get full song of Spotify using Web API or iOS SDK?

Thank you so much.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @james1209, thanks for your post here!

The best thing to do here is use the Web Playback SDK (for standalone playback using a supported webbrowser), iOS or Android SDK (for mobile apps), as @Koteyk0o mentioned. Due to licensing reasons, you cannot get a direct link to a full song. 

The iOS/Android SDK does require the user to have the Spotify app installed; the music will play using the Spotify app but will be controlled from your app. 

If you have any questions about this, feel free to post them here.

Have a great day and happy coding!
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Thank you for your reply, but I am doing mobile app, not website. Spotify SDK required installed Spotify app to work, it is pretty bad.

The Web Playback SDK is not only for websites, you can embed it in your application using a module that can load JavaScript code. For example, in QT, this is WebEngine.

As far as I know, there is no other way.

Yeah, I know, but it only provide preview of the song, it is 30 seconds only. I need full song.

No, playback SDK provide full song with full player control

I can't any documents mention that. I have tried a lot, but it does not work. Can you please give me more detail.

Check the example
https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/

And you can control player with his API methods.
To play the desired track, or for example a playlist, you must use the WEB API.

I have checked it, it requires installed Spotify app run in background to work. If user doesn't install Spotify app, it can't play the song.

Marked as solution

Hey @james1209, thanks for your post here!

The best thing to do here is use the Web Playback SDK (for standalone playback using a supported webbrowser), iOS or Android SDK (for mobile apps), as @Koteyk0o mentioned. Due to licensing reasons, you cannot get a direct link to a full song. 

The iOS/Android SDK does require the user to have the Spotify app installed; the music will play using the Spotify app but will be controlled from your app. 

If you have any questions about this, feel free to post them here.

Have a great day and happy coding!
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As the owner of my music why am I finding it harder to use spotify to share it that just using my mp3, sad, what do I even pay for.

Hi, did you have got any solution? I have seen an iOS app which is playing full spotify songs with equalizer effect, I am trying to do that but can't find the full song url. I want to play the music using AVPlayer. currently doing this using "preview_url" but want the full song url.

did you have got the full song url that can be played by the player AVPlayer in Swift?

I am using embed iframe in this if we play in desktop fully song play but if we play in responsive mode then it only play 30 second why can you provide me any solution for play full song mobile and desktop both

can i play full song for mobile and desktop both using embed iframe 

I have an question Hubo , could please tell me that after including SDK in my web applications, can i apply mixes on the audio ??

Suggested posts