Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Inconsistent behaviour of /me/player/queue endpoint

Inconsistent behaviour of /me/player/queue endpoint

I've been trying to display a list of upcoming songs from the queue in my app and I noticed that whenever Spotify player is shuffling the endpoint returns up to 20 songs, however when shuffle is disabled only 2 songs are coming from the endpoint. Please see the screenshots from Charles proxy:

Shuffle disabled:

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-27 o 10.24.44.png

Shuffle enabled:

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-27 o 10.24.53.png

Also, API always returns more songs that are actually in the queue. Please see the screenshots, I've attached a screenshot from Spotify app on Mac. You can see that it displays only 6 more songs in the queue (correct) but API returns 19 songs as seen in screenshots above.

Zrzut ekranu 2022-10-27 o 10.26.56.png

This looks to me like a bug in API. At least the API should let us know if songs coming up are actually from the queue or from Radio

I hope you will take a look into it, this functionality is crucial to any music player API but it is clearly broken.

3 Replies

I share your frustration with this issue. The users of my app are going to think there's a bug in MY app when they only see two items in the queue.

Dear Spotify, this issue is still not fixed

Having the same issue. Sometimes it returns the queue with 20 duplicate tracks. My app's users keep asking when I'm going to fix the bug, hard to explain I can't. I keep trying to come up with workarounds in the meantime but the behavior is very inconsistent. 

Suggested posts