Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Quota Extension Support

Quota Extension Support

Hello,

I'm wondering if Spotify offers support for quota extension requests other than the forums? Dealing with this is now extremely frustrating. I've been denied twice, with explanations that do not even feel relevant to my use case. Further, I had initially submitted my requests two months prior to my app's expected release date, but now this is holding it back.

Is there any place we can talk to the reviewers in detail about what needs to be changed, or submit "emergency" quota extension requests?

Thanks

4 Replies

Hello,

I don't think you can submit an emergency request, but maybe you can get help here with writing a request that they would accept.

What does your app do?

Cheers,

Hey Ximzend,

I’ll try to give a high level overview. The app’s purpose is to “post” a song daily for your followers to see and listen to a preview. The app itself doesn’t even source data from Spotify, but instead uses the Apple Music API for all track data (previews, album art, etc.). When you view a song, you can listen to the preview, like it, or open the track in Spotify or Apple Music. The UI is similar to playing a song on the Spotify or Apple Music mobile app.

The reason I’m being denied is the following:

• Modifies any Spotify visual content, e.g. cropping album artwork, overlaying images on album artwork, placing their brand/logo on album artwork
  • Metadata, cover art and audio content must be accompanied by a Spotify logo and a link back to the applicable artist, album, track, or playlist on the Spotify Service

As mentioned though, I do have a clear “open in Spotify” option, and it shouldn’t be a problem considering this is an optional integration as I don’t even source data from the Spotify API. Furthermore, the first rejection reason, isn’t true (no artwork is modified other than rounding album art corners slightly).

Thanks

I think the issue is, as you mentioned, they thinking that the source data is from Spotify.

You can make a new request including telling where all de source data comes from, if you haven't done it already.

P.S. Sorry for my late reply. I just noticed I don't get notifications after someone answers.

I just read the Spotify Developer Policy:

III. Some prohibited applications

5. Do not create any product or service which is integrated with streams or content from another service.

Suggested posts