Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songkick Spotify API oAuth scopes disabled without reason!!

Songkick Spotify API oAuth scopes disabled without reason!!

Hi,

I am an engineer  working at Songkick. For the last couple of weeks we were going through a regular Data Review with Spotify regarding the use of the API by Songkick.com

Out of nowhere and for reasons unknown to us, ALL our oAuth Scopes for Spotify API that we have been using for years have been deactivated yesterday, without prior warning and I am 99% sure unintentionally by someone working at Spotify support for http://developer.spotify.com/dashboard 

I am posting this here in the hope that someone from the tech teams at Spotify will see this and help us to escalate this URGENTLY. Please email us for more details.

We have millions of users monthly who choose to connect their Spotify account to Songkick to search for live gigs around the world based on their Spotify favourite artists. 

They currently cannot do that since yesterday. We got no explanation or warning from Spotify. Our use of the API is strictly abiding by all relevant usage and data privacy laws to serve fans around the world with the most relevant Live Music experiences and information they can find. 

I would like to ask any users who are currently experiencing the issue for patience while we are working hard to resolve it. 

3 Replies

I'm trying to connect my Spotify account to songkick, but it keeps failing (3rd day it doesn't work). When I try to log in from the site, I get "illegal scope" message, and when I try with the app I get "there was an error while connecting to Spotify" message. I tried both on my PC and Android, including updating both apps, deleting cache & data etc

Hi, we apologise for the issues. Our Spotify oAuth has been disabled by Spotify by mistake. It should be now back up. 

Let me know if I can help further 🙌 

Came to the community looking for an answer to why I couldn't connect my Spotify with my Songkick profile. This is the only post I have seen even mention this, it appears as other users either don't have this issue. Or maybe other users don't use Songkick, they really should, or they are unaware of Songkick. In any case seeing how this was posted in March of 2023 and here we are in March of 2024 and I get this message every time I try to connect my Spotify with Songkick (see attachment screenshot) and seeing how there are basically no responses to this thread is it safe to assume that this feature will not be returning to Songkick?

Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 6.03.57 AM.png

Suggested posts