Plan

Free/Premium

Country

CA

Device

Windows Desktop Computer

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I'm using the Spotify developer web API, but I'm unable to find a way to retrieve the discover weekly and release radar playlists.  I've tried using the console to "get current user playlists" by setting the limit to 50 and offset to 0, enabled all scopes for the auth token but didn't get any of the two playlists:
https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-current-user-playlists/
I have 38 private playlists pop-up total, so I know it isn't a limit issue.

I've took a short look around the other requests, but none of them seem to give me what I want (but maybe I'm speaking too soon on this one).

Please help and thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @sushitime, welcome to the forum. It's possible to find those playlists using our Search API. Keep in mind that to do this, you'll need to use an access token obtained through one of the user authorization flows (like the authorization code flow).

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @sushitime, welcome to the forum. It's possible to find those playlists using our Search API. Keep in mind that to do this, you'll need to use an access token obtained through one of the user authorization flows (like the authorization code flow).

Awesome, thank you!

I tried to query the Search endpoint with q="Release+Radar"&type=playlist and I'm getting a bunch of extra results from user playlists, when all I want is the Spotify-curated list. Am I missing something that would help filter that list down to the one I'm looking for?

Have you tried to get playlist by its spotify id? Seems it doesn't change.

Any update on this?

There should really be a filter to only get spotify generated playlist

Suggested posts