Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Web API Request: GET Queue

Spotify Web API Request: GET Queue

The Spotify Web API is wonderful but it's lacking a very important route: Getting a user's queue. Are there any plans to add this feature in the near future?

7 Replies

Someone once said that the existence of celebrity chefs is the canary in the coal mine for the decline of a society.  When a society has a ruling class rich enough to support not just gourmet chefs, but chefs so well know that they can reach celebrity status, it means that overall society has been over-allocating its resources to the wealthy.

I think there is an even better canary.  The world's largest music streaming service not providing a simple API endpoint for one of the objects that is most central to the user experience. 

Hey @PassAuxly, and @jake-paul! Thanks for reaching out on the Spotify Community for help.

There's currently no endpoint to view the authenticated user's queue. If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Spotify Community. That way, Spotify can keep track of it. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Have a good one!

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I could not believe it when I saw this simple operation lacking from the documentation. Treating this as a "new idea" and having it undergo this feature voting battle is absolutely weird.

hmm seems like i have to work with playlists and pray that nobody adds something to the queue... 

@spotify

when you're implementing this feature, we could need a change spotify queue endpoint as well then 😉

Make sure you all upvote the suggestion. For some reason it didn't even get the required number of votes. I can't believe this core feature is really as unpopular as it would seem from the voting...

Hi, All i want to know can we fetch play count through API, if i am the content owner of the Spotify account. I need it for CMS.

Suggested posts