Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Playback SDK not working in Firefox

Web Playback SDK not working in Firefox

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Pro, M1, 2020

Operating System

macOS Monterey 12.2.1

My Question or Issue

My website plays music through the Web SDK, and until recently that was working well. We have not made any changes to our playback code, but starting today (or potentially in the last few days) I can no longer get songs to play in Firefox. The same site works perfectly in both Chrome and Safari. In Firefox I get the following error:

Uncaught TypeError: t.match is not a function

_dispatchFromStore https://sdk.scdn.co/embedded/index.js:18
    EventListener.handleEvent*[106]</</</< https://sdk.scdn.co/embedded/index.js:18

Please let me know if any additional information would be helpful. Thanks!

9 Replies

Hey friend, I'm having the same problem here, apparently no app with playback sdk is working in firefox, the problem was I only noticed this after 8h debugging my application...
probably some third lib update inside the api has changed the expected return type

arielbetti99_0-1654733763401.png

Also seeing this on Firefox 101 on Ubuntu 22.04 and can confirm that it is working fine on Chromium based browsers.

Also seeing this issue. It seems like a change released yesterday in the Web Playback SDK is the cause because Firefox 101.0 was working fine the day before.

I tested it in several versions of fire-fox but in all of them the same problem occurs, I think the "Gecko" engine that the browser uses does an equivalent interpretation of typing, different from what chrome's v8 does

news?

I question if it's a priority for them because the official Spotify web app remains unaffected by this issue because they have the luxury of pinning to a specific version of the Web Playback SDK. It is shame that 3rd party developers who love Spotify and want to add legitimate value to the platform are left in the dark. Look at the iOS SDK as an example, over two years without a release, many known issues, no replies to GitHub issues, and in general no communication from Spotify about any of that.

Thank you for reporting this. We're investigating the issue and will report back as soon as possible.

Hi

We have rolled out a fix and the issue should now be resolved. We apologise for the inconvenience it caused.

Please let us know here in this thread if you still experience issues.

Yeah, iOS SDK is much worse than it was a couple years back

Suggested posts