Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player stops playing and player_state_changed and getCurrentState returning strange info

Web Player stops playing and player_state_changed and getCurrentState returning strange info

Hello, I'm using the Web Playback SDK for a little project at home.

For the past weeks, I started to notice that the Web Player, randomly, stops playing. After a couple of hours of playing without issues, it stops playing when the song reaches the 10/20seconds.

Then the player_state_changed stops firing, and getCurrentState function returns messed up info, like position bigger than duration!

If I open the Spotify app, it is connected and the button shows it's playing, but nothing is really happening.

I attached some images to help understand.

Does anyone have the same issues? Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Pedro

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 (Google Chrome Browser)

Capturar1.PNG
CapturarSpot.PNG
3 Replies

You are correct. We are having the same issue as your described.

Our workaround was to install an older version of Google Chrome. It seems the latest version of Chrome is causing this issue.

We installed version 86.0.4240.75 was was released Oct 2020. So far it's working as expected.

Spotify please look into this and fix the web player to support the latest Chrome version.

I'll give that a try, today, and report back the results.
Thank you.

I tried version 86.0.4240.75. It was able to play for 12h straight with no issues.
So, this is, in fact, a valid workaround.
Hope that, in the meanwhile, Spotify solves the problem.
Thank you @Kuplix

Suggested posts