Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What am I doing wrong? I have applied for commercialization of an app but have not heard anything.

Solved!

What am I doing wrong? I have applied for commercialization of an app but have not heard anything.

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

I have a website (non-monetized at the moment), that creates playlists for swing dancers. It is called http://easypeasyplaylist.com.

I have created an app in the developer.spotify.com and applied December 2019. However, I have not yet heard anything from Spotify.

A @SpotifyCares member adviced me to write here.

I hope someone can help me understand what I may have done wrong in the applications process.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

That sounds like a long time. In that case, I recommend filling out the form again. Be sure to note that you already filled out the form in December 2019. The right folks will be able to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@SpotifyCares/CH adviced that I followed up with a reply.

Any suggestion is really appreciated.

Follow up.

Hey @alsc, thank for reaching out here.

The right teams are keeping track of all the requests and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Just to make sure, could you check if you've filled out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScawLOKdjegmKoIan9CJRiqrXDmBJ5-rLPa29hXJkSUPC1SCA/viewform? That's the right place to apply for commercial apps. 

Let me know!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star

Hi @Hubo,

Thank you for the response. 

I applied in December 2019. What is the average response time?

I am pretty sure, I filled out the form back then. How do I check?

Marked as solution

Hey there,

That sounds like a long time. In that case, I recommend filling out the form again. Be sure to note that you already filled out the form in December 2019. The right folks will be able to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Hubo
HuboSpotify Star

Thank you. I have re-applied.

Hopefully, second time's a charm.

spotify-12022021.PNG

It has been two weeks since I re-applied. I understand Covid and being busy in general but it would be good to know if my application was received by someone.

Suggested posts