Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Refresh Token Not Working

I'd been using the API for a few months now (reading currently-playing and displaying it elsewhere) suddenly it stopped working, the program said "Refresh of the Access token is due" anyway, I refreshed it using postman re-entered it into the program...

• I'd been using the API for a few months now (reading currently-playing and displaying it elsewhere) suddenly it stopped working, the program said "Refresh of the Access token is due" anyway, I refres...
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Frustrating SpotifyOauthError: Invalid Client

Hi, I've repeatedly checked the client_id and client_secret values with those displayed on the developer dashboard. The values are identical. I only ever copy and paste. clientID = os.environ['client_id']clientSecret = os.environ['client_secret']sp =...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've repeatedly checked the client_id and client_secret values with those displayed on the developer dashboard. The values are identical. I only ever copy and paste. clientID = os.environ['c...
  • SnowedInNonsense
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file track information

Hi, I am trying to add as much track information as possible for my local files for use with the API. I am currently able to add the track title, album title and artist (however can't add more than 1 artist) and I have been able to add cover art usin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am trying to add as much track information as possible for my local files for use with the API. I am currently able to add the track title, album title and artist (however can't add mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • local files
    track information
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

502 Bad Gateway

PlanPremiumCountryArgentinaDevicePC NotebookOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've started developing an app with the Web Playback SDK. For a couple of days, making the request for the PUT method "me/player", I have had no problems... bu...

• Plan Premium Country Argentina Device PC Notebook Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've started developing an app with the Web Playback SDK. For a couple of days, mak...
  • Ay_dot
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 502 gateway
    api
    Playback SDK
    player
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify folders

I really wish we can create Spotify folders on mobile. Spotify for folders on desktop doesn’t even look good when added to mobile. We should be able to have the same feature on mobile instead of doing it on desktop because when the folder from deskto...

• I really wish we can create Spotify folders on mobile. Spotify for folders on desktop doesn’t even look good when added to mobile. We should be able to have the same feature on mobile instead of doin...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Discussion
    Feature Suggestions
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Third-party clients and Spotify Wrapped

My Question or IssueHi everyone, I have a Spotify Premium account; I was wondering if listens from a third-party client using my API Token will count towards Spotify Wrapped. I'm guessing that would be the case, but I didn't find any conclusive evide...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Hi everyone, I have a Spotify Premium account; I was wondering if listens from a third-party client using my API Token will count towards Spotify Wrapped.   I'm guessing ...
  • VibingFox
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Spotify Wrapped
    third party integration
    thirdpartyapps
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

I can see other people's listening activity, but they can't see mine

I'm thinking this is a bug from the 2021 spotify desktop udpate, as this is when the error started. I've tried host files, clean reinstalls, clearing cache, etc. My only other guess is that this is a bug in the coding with my account activity not upd...

• Gig Goer
  • I'm thinking this is a bug from the 2021 spotify desktop udpate, as this is when the error started. I've tried host files, clean reinstalls, clearing cache, etc. My only other guess is that this is a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Authorization Code Flow - misleading documentation

https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization/code-flow/#request-a-refreshed-access-token The documentation doesn't mentioned that a "refresh_token" is returned in the response when you refresh your access token. This is im...

• https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/guides/authorization/code-flow/#request-a-refreshed-access-token   The documentation doesn't mentioned that a "refresh_token" is returned in...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Idea

If you have an idea for the platform but aren't a developer who would you speak to whilst still retaining credit?

• Casual Listener
  • If you have an idea for the platform but aren't a developer who would you speak to whilst still retaining credit?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    Ideas
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay is not working

When my playlist ends, all music stops and I have to select a new playlist to listen to. I have auto-play turned on and this function used to just keep playing similar songs once my playlist was over. Now it does not do this.

• When my playlist ends, all music stops and I have to select a new playlist to listen to. I have auto-play turned on and this function used to just keep playing similar songs once my playlist was over...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer playback API returns 202 instead of 204

Hello, from the doc: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/transfer-a-users-playback the returned HTTP status should be 204, but I get a 202.(the playback is correctly transferred) Am I in the good place to report...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, from the doc: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/transfer-a-users-playback   the returned HTTP status should be 204, but I get a 202. (the playb...
  • Romillet
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue not updating when changing playlist

Queue is not updating when playing playlist on the webplayback sdk.this problem was issued by a user a long time ago (API-and-Transfer-playback-wrong-behavior) and was fixed for the webbrowser , windows app and the mobile app. However if you use the ...

• Regular
  • Queue is not updating when playing playlist on the webplayback sdk. this problem was issued by a user a long time ago (API-and-Transfer-playback-wrong-behavior)  and was fixed for the webbrow...
  • noambav
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • api
    queue
    SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Local files not working on iOS 16

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 16 My Question or IssueI downloaded songs that aren’t on Spotify on my phone, and trigerred « local files » in the settings but the songs don’t show up in the local files playlist. I tried a l...

•   Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 16   My Question or Issue I downloaded songs that aren’t on Spotify on my phone, and trigerred « local files » ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • "ISSUE"
    (iOS)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Difficulty adding sdk to android studio chipmunk

I'm trying to add the Spotify app remote sdk to android studio but I'm having some difficulties. This guide: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android/quick-start/ references an older version of android studio where you can import .aar file...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm trying to add the Spotify app remote sdk to android studio but I'm having some difficulties. This guide: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/android/quick-start/ references an older versi...
  • arlomedia
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

signup/public/v1/account endpoint.

Hello! I cannot find documentation on the spclient.wg.spotify.com/signup/public/v1/account endpoint. Is it available? How do I use it?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I cannot find documentation on the spclient.wg.spotify.com/signup/public/v1/account endpoint. Is it available? How do I use it?
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Soptify as a partner

Good morning!We are developing a mobile application (Android & iOs) where each user should be able to select and display favorite songs.How to use the Spotify API I don't think it will be a problem for our development team.My question is regarding wh...

• Visitor
  • Good morning! We are developing a mobile application (Android & iOs) where each user should be able to select and display favorite songs. How to use the Spotify API I don't think it will be a p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implement sort&filter feature on a playlist

I have a great suggestion which makes the app more beautiful & makes the users more happy. It will be a great feature if you implement sort & filter option on a playlist. As a user I would like to have it & I think every user needs it. The sort filte...

• Visitor
  • I have a great suggestion which makes the app more beautiful & makes the users more happy. It will be a great feature if you implement sort & filter option on a playlist. As a user I would li...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota Extension Request for Shmack

PlanPremiumCountryUSA My Question or IssueHi, I submitted my app for a quota extension for the second time after being previously rejected. Our client ID is 094f1d26a6564291a73dd3dc29610bdf and our app name is Shmack. I was hoping to receive an updat...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   My Question or Issue Hi, I submitted my app for a quota extension for the second time after being previously rejected. Our client ID is 094f1d26a656...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
    quota extension request
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! GET request in nodejs isn't working

https://replit.com/@BeatMusicTeam/BeatMusic#index.jsThat is where the code is

• Casual Listener
  • https://replit.com/@BeatMusicTeam/BeatMusic#index.js That is where the code is
  • sonicx180
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Querying for a Track using Audio Features

I'm building a recommender system using data from Spotify's API and the Million Playlist Dataset and was wondering if there's as way to query the API by audio features, which is what my recommender is outputting? It would be nice to have more up to d...

• Visitor
  • I'm building a recommender system using data from Spotify's API and the Million Playlist Dataset and was wondering if there's as way to query the API by audio features, which is what my recommender i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes