Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• rushilshah282
  • Visitor
  • 101 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 101 replies
  • 17 likes

WebAPI - Invalid Identifiers

Hi, I'd really like to understand (not critique) your usage of 400s for invalid IDs instead of just throwing a 404 back. Some would suggest that this breaks encapsulation - would you agree with that? Thanks, James

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I'd really like to understand (not critique) your usage of 400s for invalid IDs instead of just throwing a 404 back. Some would suggest that this breaks encapsulation - would you agree w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Full description of timbre vector dimensions

Hi,I am analysing and extracting the timbre of tracks based on Spotify's low-level feature analysis. In the documentation, it is stated as follows:"The timbre feature is a vector that includes 12 unbounded values roughly centered around 0. Those valu...

• Hi, I am analysing and extracting the timbre of tracks based on Spotify's low-level feature analysis. In the documentation, it is stated as follows: "The timbre feature is a vector that includes 12...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • feature requests
    features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search feature for each playlist

We have a general search feature where you can search for the entire spotify song library. I think it would be better if we have a dependent search feature for each playlist created (the scope of the search will be limited to the selected playlist on...

• We have a general search feature where you can search for the entire spotify song library. I think it would be better if we have a dependent search feature for each playlist created (the scope of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search Playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Requesting Extension for the API

I need an extension because I want more people to login in my website using Spotify API, not only those ones I allow on my Dashboard. However, to request this extension I need to show my website working. How am I supposed to show my website if no one...

• I need an extension because I want more people to login in my website using Spotify API, not only those ones I allow on my Dashboard. However, to request this extension I need to show my website work...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    dashboard
    extension
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

paying spotify with paypal

hi i want to know why i cannot pay with paypal here in morocco the paypal choice always was there but this month i can't find itPlanPremiumCountryMorocco

• hi i want to know why i cannot pay with paypal here in morocco the paypal choice always was there but this month i can't find it Plan Premium Country Morocco  
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • paying spotify with paypal
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Web API - preview_url for track is null

CountryItalyDeviceWeb APIOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am using the Web-API for a project. I found multiple tracks, where the field "preview_url" is null in the response (nearly half of those I tested). Tried with client credential...

• Country Italy Device Web API Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am using the Web-API for a project. I found multiple tracks, where the field "preview_url" is null in th...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • web
    Web API
    web-api
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

streaming URL through Spotify API

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 21+Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAre there any circumstances by which the Spotify API would allow access to song streaming URL's? I'm thinking of the Amazon Alexa app for example - how are Spoti...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 21+ Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Are there any circumstances by which the Spotify API would allow access to song strea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • streaming url
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Category = theLINER gets a 404

My Question or IssueI get the 50 Categories/browse/categories?limit=50&offset=0I can reach the Playlists below the Categories for 49 of the 50 Categories.I get a 404 when I reach for Playlists for Category = theLINERJSON = {"error" : {"status" : 404,...

• Music Fan
  •   My Question or Issue I get the 50 Categories /browse/categories?limit=50&offset=0 I can reach the Playlists below the Categories for 49 of the 50 Categories. I get a 404 when I reac...
  • herbertrush
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[V1 API Search] q (query) parameter appears to have a limit of 100 characters as of today

PlanAPICountryNLDevice-Operating System- My Question or IssueAs of today the following request wil result in:Query: artist:"Joseph Haydn"+track:"Die Jahreszeiten (The Seasons), Hob.XXI:3: Der Sommer (Summer): Ach! das Ungewitter naht (Chorus)"https:/...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan API Country NL Device - Operating System -   My Question or Issue As of today the following request wil result in: Query: artist:"Joseph Haydn"+track:"Die Jahreszeiten (The ...
  • _stephane
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • api
    API Bug
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Axios call to complete Authorization Code Flow not working

Hello, I am working on a small project, and I am attempting to implement Authorization Code Flow Authentication. I am successfully obtaining the 'code', but my Axios call to obtain the access token is not working (400 error). I am sure it is because ...

• Hello,    I am working on a small project, and I am attempting to implement Authorization Code Flow Authentication. I am successfully obtaining the 'code', but my Axios call to obtain the...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

can I add adata to accounts.spotify.com/api/token so that is than can be returned?

can I add adata to accounts.spotify.com/api/token so that is than can be returned? $data = array('client_id' => $client_id,'redirect_uri' => $redirect_url,'scope' => 'user-read-private user-read-email user-library-modify','response_type' => 'code',);...

• Casual Listener
  • can I add adata to accounts.spotify.com/api/token so that is than can be returned?   $data = array( 'client_id' => $client_id, 'redirect_uri' => $redirect_url, 'scope' => 'user-re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Intermittent 404s Getting Playlist Tracks via API

Starting about two days ago, I began to see intermittent 404s when getting playlist tracks via the Spotify API (https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/*/tracks). I have seen this when iterating over large playlists via the offset and limit parameters, ...

• Regular
  • Starting about two days ago, I began to see intermittent 404s when getting playlist tracks via the Spotify API (https://api.spotify.com/v1/playlists/*/tracks).  I have seen this when iterating o...
  • mattgreen_aus
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 8 likes

Catalog #

Hello, we need to catalog # for the releases. This is not in the response from the API, is there a way to get the catalog # from UPC or from API?

• Visitor
  • Hello, we need to catalog # for the releases. This is not in the response from the API, is there a way to get the catalog # from UPC or from API?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Catalogue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

blocked by CORS policy

Hello,When I call Spotify API (https://api.spotify.com/v1),I have the following error:Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://api.spotify.com/v1/me' from origin 'https:XXX' has been blocked by CORS policy: Request header field pragma is not allowed by A...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, When I call Spotify API (https://api.spotify.com/v1), I have the following error: Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://api.spotify.com/v1/me' from origin 'https:XXX' has been blocked by...
  • Sassoon
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Dont want users to login

I am trying to implement Spotify SDK into my existing flutter application there I don't want my users to log in once into my app and then again to Spotify. Do you have anything to handle this thing.

• I am trying to implement Spotify SDK into my existing flutter application there I don't want my users to log in once into my app and then again to Spotify. Do you have anything to handle this thing.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Missing data on spotifychart

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello! I was checking the Weekly Top 200 Songs on spotifychart and found that many of the c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello! I w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Missing data
    spotifychart
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Non-existent podcast in library that can't be removed

Plan - PremiumCountry - AustraliaDevice/OS - all I have a podcast I can't get rid of in my library. Right-click does not show menu and clicking into it shows "Couldn't find that page". After clearing the rest of my library of podcasts, calling 'GET /...

• Visitor
  • Plan - Premium Country - Australia Device/OS - all   I have a podcast I can't get rid of in my library. Right-click does not show menu and clicking into it shows "Couldn't find that page". ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding an entire setlist to a setlist

I would like to suggest a quite useful feuture. Which is selecting an entire playlist by one click.I have 8 holiday playlist which all contains 100 songs each and I would like to have an ultimate one with these 800 combined, but my problem is adding ...

• Regular
  • I would like to suggest a quite useful feuture. Which is selecting an entire playlist by one click. I have 8 holiday playlist which all contains 100 songs each and I would like to have an ultimate o...
  • rolandmedvegy
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs are not playing

When I want to play a song I couldn't find it first after some time the actual album of the song finally got but those songs ane not playing so I don't no how play from this music player.

• Visitor
  • When I want to play a song I couldn't find it first after some time the actual album of the song finally got but those songs ane not playing so I don't no how play from this music player.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quot Extension Approved: getting Illegal scope

Our app Akashic recently got approved for a Quota Extension, but the scope we have been using since development user-follow-read now produces an illegal scope message. I believe this scope was submitted along with the quota extension request. Please ...

• Our app Akashic recently got approved for a Quota Extension, but the scope we have been using since development user-follow-read now produces an illegal scope message. I believe this scope ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes