Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• nathancheshire
  • Casual Listener
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 168 replies
  • 21 likes

user-read-birthday not available?

Looks like user-read-birthday has been removed as a scope and birthday is no longer available via API, is this correct?

• Casual Listener
  • Looks like user-read-birthday has been removed as a scope and birthday is no longer available via API, is this correct?  
  • metablocks
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

The api is down, can't make any api calls...

Getting 404's on all calls, i'm sure you are aware of this though. Even on the 'try it!' option on the Dev panel so the problem is definitely not on my end.

• Getting 404's on all calls, i'm sure you are aware of this though. Even on the 'try it!' option on the Dev panel so the problem is definitely not on my end.
  • Knifevillage
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Set Discover Weekly track to like or dislike

Within the Spotify API, there does not seem to be a way to dislike or remove a song from your current discover weekly like a user is getting presented on Spotify interface. Does this feature exist and is simply not documented? PlanFree/PremiumCountry...

• Regular
  • Within the Spotify API, there does not seem to be a way to dislike or remove a song from your current discover weekly like a user is getting presented on Spotify interface.   Does this feature...
  • yopi5000
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[FEEDBACK/SHOWCASE] Swipey_Go - live events discovery web app

Hi, I have been learning to code and decided to build a live events discovery web app. Users enter location info and event types, and can then swipe through a stack of events (e.g. Tinder meets live events). I used Spotify embed for music previews (a...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have been learning to code and decided to build a live events discovery web app. Users enter location info and event types, and can then swipe through a stack of events (e.g. Tinder meets live ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Suggestion Was Marked As Spam

PlanPremiumCountrySpain My suggestion was marked as spam as soon as I posted it.I'm really trying to implement the API and I have a real problem like a comment in the post, but as soon I posted it in the forum, it was markes as spam.I hope this can b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   My suggestion was marked as spam as soon as I posted it. I'm really trying to implement the API and I have a real problem like a comment in the post, but as so...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Web Playback SDK Playing song directly in browser issues (Safari)

I am developing an app that integrates the Web Playback SDK, but I am having severe issues with Safari, all other browsers work well but when I test it in Safari, I can't hear anything.Looks like player.activateElement() is no accomplishing well the ...

• Music Fan
  • I am developing an app that integrates the Web Playback SDK, but I am having severe issues with Safari, all other browsers work well but when I test it in Safari, I can't hear anything. Looks like...
  • sf691
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • SDK
    Web Playback API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web Playback SDK not playing sound on first invocation of Play API

When invoking the Play API to start playing, the Web Playback will receive play status OK but no sound will be played.After invoking the Pause API and then the Play API to resume playing, then the play will start from beginning and with sound.The err...

• Music Fan
  • When invoking the Play API to start playing, the Web Playback will receive play status OK but no sound will be played. After invoking the Pause API and then the Play API to resume playing, then the ...
  • tufik2
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player get 502 error?

I'm receiving a 502 error when calling https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player while the player is in the 'ready' state. However, when I create a new player and call it while a song is playing on the Spotify app, it works fine. Do you have any idea why ...

• I'm receiving a 502 error when calling https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player while the player is in the 'ready' state.   However, when I create a new player and call it while a song is pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 502 error
    Spotify Web API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Error 403 when trying to use authorisation code flow

I have built an app which uses spotify's Oauth 2.0 to log in. However it only works with users i have added to user management in the apps dashboard on Spotifys for Developers website. So the auth flow code works but i have t manually add new users.t...

• Regular
  • I have built an app which uses spotify's Oauth 2.0 to log in. However it only works with users i have added to user management in the apps dashboard on Spotifys for Developers website. So the auth fl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Auth code flow
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting {"error":"invalid_client"} in /api/token request

PlanPremiumCountrySpain I have the next code:My retrofit client:private const val TOKEN_URL: String = "https://accounts.spotify.com"val TokenModule: Module get() = module { factory { TokenInterceptor(get()) } factory { OkHttpClient.Builder() .addInte...

BaltaJmn_0-1681816283367.png
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Spain   I have the next code: My retrofit client: private const val TOKEN_URL: String = "https://accounts.spotify.com" val TokenModule: Module get() = modul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Please confirm that I can embed Spotify player under Spotify API.

Could you please help me:1. I want to have an app and website with a search engine for songs, based on the pictures and videos. The User will basically send a video or picture to a website/app and AI would find the proper matching music for it.2. I h...

• Visitor
  • Could you please help me: 1. I want to have an app and website with a search engine for songs, based on the pictures and videos. The User will basically send a video or picture to a website/app and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Fix Payment Modal - Spotify Thailand

Country: Thailand DeviceMacBook Pro 16"BrowserChrome My Question or IssueAfter entering payment information for Spotify Thailand, I'm texted to verify my bank. However, the button to submit the OTP is hidden under a scroll within a modal. Suggestion:...

•   Country: Thailand   Device MacBook Pro 16" Browser Chrome   My Question or Issue After entering payment information for Spotify Thailand, I'm texted to verify my bank. H...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • modal
    Payment
    Thailand
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

429 Error

PlanPremiumCountry: Unied States My Question or Issue Hi, Currently, I am working on a small project with Spotify API. My website is still working normally but until 1-2 hours ago, all the rendering information on my website was error 429 HTTP reques...

•   Plan Premium Country: Unied States   My Question or Issue   Hi,  Currently, I am working on a small project with Spotify API. My website is still working normally but ...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't upload my recordings to my Spotify podcast

I can't Upload my recordings to my Spotify podcast. I currently use Riverside to record and I upload using anchor. when I try to upload on anchor is says we aren't able to upload your video at the moment.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't Upload my recordings to my Spotify podcast. I currently use Riverside to record and I upload using anchor. when I try to upload on anchor is says we aren't able to upload your video at the mo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 'cant play this right now' issue Android mobile

Premium, Google Pixel 6, on Android V13Started a few days ago. House of echo speakers, used for years no problems. Now all devices show 'cant play this right now' and are unselectable. Playing through alexa app times out.I've cleared cache and files,...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium, Google Pixel 6, on Android V13 Started a few days ago. House of echo speakers, used for years no problems. Now all devices show 'cant play this right now' and are unselectable. Playing thro...
  • Sbarry79
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Studio 4.2

Hello, In the latest release of Android Studio 4.2, the option to Import .JAR/.AAR Package from the New Module wizard has been removed. Could anyone please update the Add the App Remote SDK instructions accordingly?Thanks,Nahum Budin.

• Visitor
  • Hello,   In the latest release of Android Studio 4.2, the option to Import .JAR/.AAR Package from the New Module wizard has been removed.   Could anyone please ...
  • hita
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android Studio
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

invalid client

hi im trying to run some simple code to test out spotifys apiimport spotipyfrom spotipy.oauth2 import SpotifyClientCredentials# Set up Spotipy client credentialsclient_id = 'YOUR_CLIENT_ID'client_secret = 'YOUR_CLIENT_SECRET'client_credentials_manage...

• hi im trying to run some simple code to test out spotifys api import spotipy from spotipy.oauth2 import SpotifyClientCredentials # Set up Spotipy client credentials client_id = 'YOUR_CLIENT_I...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Get User Playlists Only Returns Some Playlists

PlanFreeCountry Device2017 MacBook AirOperating SystemBig Sur 11.4 My Question or IssueI have a Python script that utilises the `https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/playlists` endpoint. However, the request only returns some of my created playlists and non...

• Regular
  • ...he 'try it' feature on Spotify's website, it works perfectly fine. I've made sure I have the right scopes, the user ID is correct and even made sure my playlists are public (not that it should m...
  • ImOnABus
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

403 forbidden error

My Spotify account is premium. When I am using "playlist-modify-private" scope I got this error "http status: 403" Also, I run my code and confirm the warning in the browser. Why could this be caused? Here my code:import spotipyfrom spotipy.oauth2 im...

•   My Spotify account is premium. When I am using "playlist-modify-private" scope I got this error "http status: 403" Also, I run my code and confirm the warning in the browser. W...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 403 forbidden error
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota extension Request

PlanFreeCountryIndia DeviceHP Laptop/iPhone 13Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueI actually did not have an email linked to my Spotify account due to which the parameters on which my request was denied was sent to me via email could not r...

• Plan Free Country India   Device HP Laptop/iPhone 13 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue I actually did not have an email linked to my Spotify account due to which...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify extension request
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes