Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!! Patented Idea

I need some developer to believe in my patented idea, I can say that it is a very good idea, with feedback from several surveys, and many people loved the idea, confirming it is highly necessary, it is an idea based on Playlist creation, I confirm th...

• Regular
  • I need some developer to believe in my patented idea, I can say that it is a very good idea, with feedback from several surveys, and many people loved the idea, confirming it is highly necessary, it ...
  • ThiagoTorres
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Needing help with outputting artist/track data into a workbook

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or Issue:I'm an artist/developer attempting to create an in-depth top chart for the artists in my genre (Glitchbreak). I have collected a sample size of 143 artists, with IDs/URIs....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue: I'm an artist/developer attempting to create an in-depth top chart for the artists in my genre (Gli...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Connect] Give stats.fm private API access

For the longest time, the Spotify community has been enslaved to the tyrannical reign of Last.fm being the only consistent stat tracking platform. Instead of having an accurate tracking service with insightful resources, we are locked out of even the...

• Casual Listener
  • ...heir oppressive rate limits and quite heinous limitations. Plagued with tracking issues, Spotify's negligence to maintaining their public API has singlehandedly stifled the progression of this platform a...
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Connect
  • 0 replies
  • 12 likes

Conception de site Web

Hello, I am a 18 years old French student and I made this website template for you, what do you think?The homepage with the logo is interactive and is entirely made in 3D, I redesigned the site to be more accessible and understandable for users becau...

• Hello, I am a 18 years old French student and I made this website template for you, what do you think? The homepage with the logo is interactive and is entirely made in 3D, I redesigned the site to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to refresh a playlist after a change?

I'm making some changes on a playlist with web API, like adding or removing a song, and that changes don't take effect automatically. How do I solve this problem?Thanks in advance.

• Regular
  • I'm making some changes on a playlist with web API, like adding or removing a song, and that changes don't take effect automatically.  How do I solve this problem? Thanks in advance.
  • BonzoBuckeye
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! Use of include_groups

I noted that the PHP SDK for the Spotify API uses include_groups to list what album types should be included (all if omitted). https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-multiple-albums doesn't mention it (there's ...

• Music Fan
  • I noted that the PHP SDK for the Spotify API uses include_groups to list what album types should be included (all if omitted).   https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#...
  • papasmurph
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums List
    API Question
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What could possibly the reason for disabling search/filter and sorting when using Enhance ?

So you may not be aware, but when you use the Enhance feature on a playlist or your liked songs, you lose the functionality for researching specific songs and you also can't sort anymore. Because the prompt warning you about it is not present on smar...

• Casual Listener
  • So you may not be aware, but when you use the Enhance feature on a playlist or your liked songs, you lose the functionality for researching specific songs and you also can't sort anymore. Because the...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! The original written lyric is different from the web browser spotify music player ?

Hi, may god bless your days.I really love a song from Indonesian musician named Nugie, the song title "Wanita Yang Terindah"I mean, it's totally different.And there is a linked text say "Lyrics provided by Musixmatch"Why this happen ?Thankyou.The ima...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, may god bless your days. I really love a song from Indonesian musician named Nugie, the song title "Wanita Yang Terindah" I mean, it's totally different. And there is a linked text say "Lyrics...
  • kirix4389
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Lyric Problem
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Token API CORS error

Hi. I am building a web application consuming Spotify API.The feature is simply searching for a song which had worked fine until yesterday. However, all of a sudden I was not able to get a access token from the API server any more - which lead the se...

• Visitor
  • Hi.   I am building a web application consuming Spotify API. The feature is simply searching for a song which had worked fine until yesterday.   However, all of a sudden I was not able...
  • Zontir
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 13 likes
  • API Bug
    API request
    CORS
    token
  • 17 replies
  • 13 likes

[Android][Developer] Predictive Back Animations

Hi, this is a small feature so I don't really mind if it's not added, but would it be possible to get predictive back animations in Spotify for Android? (This is a feature exclusive to Android 13, found in Android developer settings. I am currently o...

• Hi, this is a small feature so I don't really mind if it's not added, but would it be possible to get predictive back animations in Spotify for Android?   (This is a feature exclusive to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[Feature Request] Allow playlist collaborators to add tracks to playlists they don't own

Currently, the /playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks endpoint returns a 403 when attempts to add tracks to playlists the currently authenticated user does not own are made. With the recent changes to how playlist access is granted, I think the endpoint sho...

• Regular
  • Currently, the /playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks endpoint returns a 403 when attempts to add tracks to playlists the currently authenticated user does not own are made. With the recent changes to how p...
  • derekpovah
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Web API Label info for a given track.

Hi, im currently learning how to use the Spotify API. I have been using python along with a library called Spotipy in order to access all the information on this API. However, I was curious if it is possible to be able to grab the publishing info for...

• Hi,   im currently learning how to use the Spotify API. I have been using python along with a library called Spotipy in order to access all the information on this API.   However, I was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    label
    publishing
    Spotipy
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MIXER FOR SPOTIFY

I VERY BEST IDEA: WE NEED MIXER DJ FOR SPOTIFY , MANY DANCE SONGS START SLOW AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO MAKE A DANCE PLAYLIST WITH SONGS THAT ARE QUICK SO AS NOT TO CUT THE SWINN OR DANCE.... A TOOL THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MIX THE SONGS AT THE EXACT MOMENT TO...

• Visitor
  • I VERY BEST IDEA:  WE NEED  MIXER DJ FOR SPOTIFY , MANY DANCE SONGS START SLOW AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO MAKE A DANCE PLAYLIST WITH SONGS THAT ARE QUICK SO AS NOT TO CUT THE SWINN OR DAN...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist

hi everyone,I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist I have indicated. Is it possible to do this?

• Casual Listener
  • hi everyone, I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist I have indicated. Is it possible to do this?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot update my playlist through the API

Doing my own project and trying to automate the process of updating a playlist I own.I've created an AWS Lambda that every week, at a certain time starts to run and retrieves the last added songs from one playlist and then updates the second playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • ...I've tried to add the post call of 'https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token' the scope param of 'playlist-modify-private playlist-modify-public user-library-read' which didn't help 😞 My question i...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Is there a Spotify for artists API available?

I read in the other posts that this is only possible for a select group. I am working on a tool/dashboard to use for artist development. This combines the social media, ticketsales and streaming statistics to make recommendations. For this I need to ...

• Visitor
  • I read in the other posts that this is only possible for a select group. I am working on a tool/dashboard to use for artist development. This combines the social media, ticketsales and streaming stat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played.

When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played. It only change the track or said "can't play the current song". I already reinstall my app, but still the same. How can fix this?

• When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played. It only change the track or said "can't play the current song". I already reinstall my app, but still the same. How can fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed players disappear from website

Hi I'm developing a website for a customer - it's an online memoire and the client would like to have Spotify playlists throughout the various pages / chapters. The client has created numerous Spotify playlists for each of his chapters and I am getti...

• Hi   I'm developing a website for a customer - it's an online memoire and the client would like to have Spotify playlists throughout the various pages / chapters. The client has created numero...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS SDK Unable to Authenticate Offline

Just about all the documentation I have seen says that to successfully authorize a user while offline, the following conditions have to be met:Your application has successfully connected to Spotify within the last 24 hoursYour application uses the sa...

• Regular
  • Just about all the documentation I have seen says that to successfully authorize a user while offline, the following conditions have to be met: Your application has successfully connected to Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes