Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• manofnibiru
  • Regular
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes

I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist

hi everyone,I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist I have indicated. Is it possible to do this?

• Casual Listener
  • hi everyone, I'm trying to check if a new track has been added in a playlist I have indicated. Is it possible to do this?
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot update my playlist through the API

Doing my own project and trying to automate the process of updating a playlist I own.I've created an AWS Lambda that every week, at a certain time starts to run and retrieves the last added songs from one playlist and then updates the second playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • ...I've tried to add the post call of 'https://accounts.spotify.com/api/token' the scope param of 'playlist-modify-private playlist-modify-public user-library-read' which didn't help 😞 My question i...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Web API
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Is there a Spotify for artists API available?

I read in the other posts that this is only possible for a select group. I am working on a tool/dashboard to use for artist development. This combines the social media, ticketsales and streaming statistics to make recommendations. For this I need to ...

• Visitor
  • I read in the other posts that this is only possible for a select group. I am working on a tool/dashboard to use for artist development. This combines the social media, ticketsales and streaming stat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played.

When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played. It only change the track or said "can't play the current song". I already reinstall my app, but still the same. How can fix this?

• When I try to skip forward a podcast or a song, it won't played. It only change the track or said "can't play the current song". I already reinstall my app, but still the same. How can fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed players disappear from website

Hi I'm developing a website for a customer - it's an online memoire and the client would like to have Spotify playlists throughout the various pages / chapters. The client has created numerous Spotify playlists for each of his chapters and I am getti...

• Hi   I'm developing a website for a customer - it's an online memoire and the client would like to have Spotify playlists throughout the various pages / chapters. The client has created numero...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS SDK Unable to Authenticate Offline

Just about all the documentation I have seen says that to successfully authorize a user while offline, the following conditions have to be met:Your application has successfully connected to Spotify within the last 24 hoursYour application uses the sa...

• Regular
  • Just about all the documentation I have seen says that to successfully authorize a user while offline, the following conditions have to be met: Your application has successfully connected to Spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedded Web Player Issue

PlanFree/PremiumCountryCanadaDevicePC, Mac We are noticing an issue with some of our embedded players while on desktop (it doesn't seem to have an impact on mobile). When reloading the page, one of 3 things will happen:- either the player is displaye...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Canada Device PC, Mac   We are noticing an issue with some of our embedded players while on desktop (it doesn't seem to have an impact on mobile). When reloading...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How the Audio Feature Extraction API works

I am an undergraduate student who studies Computer Science. Can I know how the audio feature extraction API works. https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/get-audio-features

• I am an undergraduate student who studies Computer Science. Can I know how the audio feature extraction API works.   https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/#/operations/...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Requesting written permission to use the playback api in a commercial project

Amsterdam, The NetherlandsMonday, November 7th, 2022I am developing a commercial app on the Spotify API that needs to use the playback api. Commercial projects are only allowed to be published if Spotify grants written approval to the app. Strangely ...

• Casual Listener
  • ...ublished if Spotify grants written approval to the app. Strangely enough, the place where this must be asked is on this public forum board (I tried to request it privately, was chatting with Spotify s...
  • hacktisch
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Endpoint for podcast episode number of plays/streams/downloads?

My Question or IssueIs there an endpoint for the number of plays or downloads a podcast episode has? If not, is it possible for one to be added? Thanks for any info!

• My Question or Issue Is there an endpoint for the number of plays or downloads a podcast episode has? If not, is it possible for one to be added?  Thanks for any info!
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • downloads
    plays
    podcast
    Podcast Episodes
    Streams
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

request endpoint with default token

My Question or Issue Is there any option to send a request, for example on the endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/{id}/albums, with a token assigned to the application, not to a particular user of the Spotify account? I have an app created ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   Is there any option to send a request, for example on the endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/{id}/albums, with a token assigned to the application, not to a pa...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Functionality
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alarm app with app remote sdk

Hi,I'm trying to do an Alarm iOS app with the App remote sdk as the streaming sdk is deprecated, but I'm not sure it's possible.Would it be possible to wake up the Spotify app and play music from a background task without human interaction ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm trying to do an Alarm iOS app with the App remote sdk as the streaming sdk is deprecated, but I'm not sure it's possible. Would it be possible to wake up the Spotify app and play music from...
  • wil21
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App Remote SDK
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Recommended songs not playing

PlanPremiumCountryUruguayDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi. I was looking to new music for my playlists and the recommended songs don't play. I also tried with songs from artists profiles and the same thing happens, just can l...

• Plan Premium Country Uruguay Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi. I was looking to new music for my playlists and the recommended songs don't play. I also t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playing issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Want to play original track in external player

Hii,I'm using your api but I'm able to play the 30 sec demo the preview_url. But in api I do not get the original track link to play in my audio player. Please reply it's urgent. **bleep** /**bleep**

• Regular
  • Hii, I'm using your api but I'm able to play the 30 sec demo the preview_url. But in api I do not get the original track link to play in my audio player.  Please reply it's urgent.  ...
  • jamjhjfnovm19m39knlh
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Endpoint to login with artist account and get the data

My Question or Issue Is there such an API endpoint to log in with an artist account and get the data from this account? Like in the case of a regular Spotify account, e.g. endpoint /v1/me/tracks ? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   Is there such an API endpoint to log in with an artist account and get the data from this account? Like in the case of a regular Spotify account, e.g. endpoint  /v1...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

API - playback timestamp

Hi there,This is a Problem regarding the web api get playback state /v1/me/playerthe timestamp field is inconsistent. I am trying to accurately get users playback / progress timeThe documentation says : timestamp [integer] - Unix Millisecond Timestam...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, This is a Problem regarding the web api get playback state /v1/me/player the timestamp field is inconsistent. I am trying to accurately get users playback / progress time The documen...
  • PockelHockel
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • api
    playback state
    time
    timestamp
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

Get a permanent token for API calls

Hello, I wrote a Python script to update playlists (throught API calls). It works fine, but I have to generate a new token each hour from the Spotify Web API Console. Is there a way to get a permanent token in order to be able to use it in a schedule...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I wrote a Python script to update playlists (throught API calls). It works fine, but I have to generate a new token each hour from the Spotify Web API Console. Is there a way to get a...
  • Rémy-J
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Python
    token
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How i can play entire songs, in my iOS app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • h
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify SDK and angular

PlanFree/PremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceBrowserOperating SystemAny My Question or IssueI am having some issues using the spotify sdk in an angular project. I've managed to set-up a working player, but this player does not work if other components try to ...

• Plan Free/Premium Country Belgium Device Browser Operating System Any   My Question or Issue I am having some issues using the spotify sdk in an angular project. I've managed to set-up...
  • mcgreen412
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • angular
    component
    SDK
    Services
    shared
    Spotify
    undefined
  • 1 replies