Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• vogloblinsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 131 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 131 replies
  • 19 likes

The short URL to create Spotify playlists (playlist.new) is not working

If you go to playlist.new to create a new Spotify playlist, it will result in a certificate error. It says that the certificate (which was issued by Let's Encrypt) expired on June 12, 2022 at 04:16:14 UTC.Tried it with latest Chrome and latest Edge o...

• Casual Listener
  • If you go to playlist.new to create a new Spotify playlist, it will result in a certificate error. It says that the certificate (which was issued by Let's Encrypt) expired on June 12, 2022 at 04:16:1...
  • TheIGenius
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Play Next Button

My SuggestionHi! Good day, I have no issues with your application however I would highly appreciate it (and I think others would too) if the developers will add a “Play Next” button to your platform along with your “Add to queue” button. Thank you so...

• My Suggestion Hi! Good day, I have no issues with your application however I would highly appreciate it (and I think others would too) if the developers will add a “Play Next” button to your platfor...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Create report throwing an error

I am doing the following call, can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong here. POST: https://api-partner.spotify.com/ads/v1.4/adAccounts/ad-account-id/report BODY:{ "filters": { "report_datetime_range": { "report_start": "2022-12-01T00:00:...

• I am doing the following call, can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong here.   POST: https://api-partner.spotify.com/ads/v1.4/adAccounts/ad-account-id/report   BODY: ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Create Report
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reading user library works for one account but not others

PlanFree, PremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 12, iPhone SE, Dell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10, iOS My Question or IssueI have developed a Django-based web app where the user logs in and the app displays saved songs. It works perfectly well ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free, Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 12, iPhone SE, Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10, iOS   My Question or Issue I have developed a Django-based web app where...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • read-user-library 403
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

DBus Method for Like/Dislike current track.

The current DBus interface, while covering the basics - such as play/pause, stop, next, etc. - does not currently have a method to add/remove songs from "Liked" (equivalent to pressing the "Save to Your Library" heart button). Adding such an interfac...

• Visitor
  • The current DBus interface, while covering the basics - such as play/pause, stop, next, etc. - does not currently have a method to add/remove songs from "Liked" (equivalent to pressing the "Save to Y...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Waiting for quota extension review - important!

I have submited a quota extension request on October 18, 2022 and its verry important for me to get review becouse i can not set up the application for the auddience. It's live on appstore and google play, but due to developement mode it dose not wor...

• Visitor
  • I have submited a quota extension request on October 18, 2022 and its verry important for me to get review becouse i can not set up the application for the auddience. It's live on appstore and google...
  • BNJZ1
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Copyright Help.

I am making a discord bot that plays music in VCs. I would like to know if i can do the following:- use Spotify for a discord bot made by me- cut out the ads since discord doesnt allow it

• Casual Listener
  •   I am making a discord bot that plays music in VCs. I would like to know if i can do the following: - use Spotify for a discord bot made by me - cut out the ads since discord doesnt allow it
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • copyright
    Discord
    programming
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Upload Custom Playlist Cover with Python

My Question or IssueHi! I'm having trouble with uploading custom image to playlist cover. Here's my code: def add_playlist_cover(playlist_id, token): with open('cover.jpg', 'rb') as f: data = base64.b64encode(f.read()) auth_header = {"Authorization":...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Hi! I'm having trouble with uploading custom image to playlist cover. Here's my code:    def add_playlist_cover(playlist_id, token): with open('cover.jpg', 'rb'...
  • Peter_Schorn
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    api documentation
    API Question
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Top 100 Songs of 2022 playlist bug

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(Android) My Question or IssueHi, when sharing my top 100 songs playlist link via messenger, it redirects the recipient to his own top 100 songs playlist...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (Android)   My Question or Issue Hi, when sharing my top 100 songs playlist...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

502 Bad Gateway Issue for TransferPlayback api

Plan PremiumCountry Korea My Question or IssueDear Spotify,I have been using "Transfer Playback" api but it doesn't work sometimes.In the official api pages, same as in my own application, the api returns 502 Bad Gateway error and doesn't provide any...

cenkay_0-1670159472245.png
  • Music Fan
  • Plan  Premium Country  Korea   My Question or Issue Dear Spotify, I have been using "Transfer Playback" api but it doesn't work sometimes. In the official api pages, same ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 502 error
    Bad Gateway
    not working
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Proposition for better performance of application

Hi, My name is Kamran Abbaszade, software engineer with over 7 years of experience and data scientist with close to 3 years of experience in Audio AI. I was working on new approach for better music genre classification and I developed an outstanding ...

• Hi,   My name is Kamran Abbaszade, software engineer with over 7 years of experience and data scientist with close to 3 years of experience in Audio AI.   I was working on new approach ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Small change to api error responses

I am currently trying out the console API for an application and so far going well, but I ran into an error message while trying the search endpoint: { "error" : { "status" : 400, "message" : "Missing parameter type" } } Now I finally found out what ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am currently trying out the console API for an application and so far going well, but I ran into an error message while trying the search endpoint:     { "error" : { "status" : 4...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search

Hey..Was just thinking of one thing today when I was playing music in my library. Would be so nice to have a search function in the library. I mean in one of my library i have many songs. So it would be easy to find just one song in the library inste...

• Visitor
  • Hey.. Was just thinking of one thing today when I was playing music in my library. Would be so nice to have a search function in the library. I mean in one of my library i have many songs. So it wou...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Some API calls currently don't support "locale" param

Some API calls currently don't support "locale" param. Calls with local content should have this "locale" param.Some calls such as Get User's Top Items, artist name, title name and album name should be localized. For now, if I included locale param, ...

• Music Fan
  • Some API calls currently don't support "locale" param. Calls with local content should have this "locale" param. Some calls such as Get User's Top Items, artist name, title name and album name ...
  • WXRIW
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    locale
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Streamdeck plugin doesn't find my Pc.

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHello, the following problem. I would like to use my Spotify via my Streamdeck with a plugin, but the plugin does not recognize my PC. I've tried all the normal tips like ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Pc Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hello, the following problem. I would like to use my Spotify via my Streamdeck with a plugin, but the ...
  • Ron122
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • streamdeck
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

GTZAN Dataset - Music Genre Classification

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am interested to get the analysis on the 1000 samples of music from the GTZAN Datasets which each is 30 seconds (not a whole track, track_id or song name). Is there a better way...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am interested to get the analysis on the 1000 samples of music from the GTZAN Datasets which each is 30 s...
  • NachoBusiness131
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • AI
    dataset
    genre
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Playback SDK - Stuck devices in Connect

Hi!My problem is really simple, but I have not been able to either find a solution or reach anyone at Spotify, who would be able to resolve this for me. Basically I was toying with Spotify Playback API a few weeks back and with each launch of my test...

spotify_connect.png
  • Hi! My problem is really simple, but I have not been able to either find a solution or reach anyone at Spotify, who would be able to resolve this for me. Basically I was toying with Spotify Playback...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Fans buying streaming or publishing rights

family plan Premiumscotland DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS Sorry this wasn’t meant for public viewing but I thought I was being smart by sending it as a complaint clearly all the major tech companies make it deliberately difficult to do this by e...

• Regular
  • family plan   Premium scotland   Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS    Sorry this wasn’t meant for public viewing but I thought I was being smart by sending it as a c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Web Playback SDK - Initial playback not working: Player not ready on 'ready' event

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWSL Ubuntu 22.04, Chrome 107.0.5304.108 My Question or Issue We noticed on November 25th that the Spotify Web Playback SDK stopped working on initial playback in our application. Looking at the...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System WSL Ubuntu 22.04, Chrome 107.0.5304.108   My Question or Issue   We noticed on November 25th that the Spotify...
  • kruemeline
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Quata extension request

When submitting quata extension request, spotify ask for testable app. But without quata extension, only users listed in `Users and Access` can use my App. In this condition, I can not release my App to public. Therefore no testable app on Play store...

• Casual Listener
  • ...pp to public. Therefore no testable app on Play store or App Store. It seems like a deadlock to me. How is everyone do this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • quata extension
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes