Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Interface (gui) to spotify plugin

Hey me and my friend want to try out the Spotify-API and we got a question. Which type of programming-language its used to create the spotify-GUI

• Hey me and my friend want to try out the Spotify-API and we got a question. Which type of programming-language its used to create the spotify-GUI
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I get total number of plays of a song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song name and song played were different

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ABOUT SONGS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! User authenication with python

I tried to make a user authentication using python scripts. First I retrieve the auth_headers:auth_headers = {"client_id": client_id,"response_type": "code","redirect_uri": "http://localhost:7777/callback","scope": "user-library-read"}r = webbrowser....

• Casual Listener
  •   I tried to make a user authentication using python scripts.  First I retrieve the auth_headers: auth_headers = { "client_id": client_id, "response_type": "code", "redirect_uri": "ht...
  • Nauqh
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Error on app every time

The App is very bad.. Every time the app stop and I have to close and start againIt's like a month and this kind off erro do not stop It's impossible to use that. If you developers did not fix it. I will stop paying for the app. 郎郎郎PlanPremiumCountry...

• Visitor
  • The App is very bad.. Every time the app stop and I have to close and start again It's like a month and this kind off erro do not stop   It's impossible to use that.    If you dev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Erro on app
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I request Spotify on Philips smart TV’s (in browser)

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Philips Smart TV’s (in browser)Operating System(To my knowledge of this véry moment, …only Linux) My Question or IssueHow do I request an Spotify app for Philips Smart TV’s or it’s browser?)

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Philips Smart TV’s (in browser) Operating System (To my knowledge of this véry moment, …only Linux)   My Question or Issue How do I request an ...
  • JimDijkstra86NL
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App Request
    Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Generate Playlist artist all numbers

Please implement a option to auto generate Playlist with ALL items of selected artists.I generated a Playlist with Herman van Veen for example and ended up all afternoon adding albums, tracks induvidually would have taken me 3 months daily couple of ...

• Regular
  • Please implement a option to auto generate Playlist with ALL items of selected artists. I generated a Playlist with Herman van Veen for example and ended up all afternoon adding albums, tracks indu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • all albums
    all items
    all songs
    Allow search selection preference based generated Playlist
    artist
    based on selection(s)
    combined genre and or album and or artist and or channel and or Playlist(s) and or mood and or albums and or induvidual items
    everything
    Selection based generated Playlist
    selection based preference
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving Spotify Genre List in Database/Cache

Hello, I'm interested in making an application using the Spotify API that creates a visual representation of users based on the genres they listen to. We'd want to be able to store the genre list and aggregated audio feature data somewhere at least i...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I'm interested in making an application using the Spotify API that creates a visual representation of users based on the genres they listen to. We'd want to be able to store the genre...
  • esteban77
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deducted money last month and this month but premium subscription not showing

• Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sunset of libspotify. Please reconsider.

Hello Spotify,yesterday libspotify was shutdown. I noticed that my DIY device has stopped working for my childrens devices. After some digging I came across that post: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/04/12/libspotify-sunset I don't ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify, yesterday libspotify was shutdown. I noticed that my DIY device has stopped working for my childrens devices. After some digging I came across that post:   https://developer.sp...
  • deanfourie
  • Regular
  • 40 replies
  • 54 likes
  • Discussion
  • 40 replies
  • 54 likes

Search Song by BPM

Hi, I'm wondering are their any options to search a song by bpm in the api?I searched the documentation, but I didn't came up with anything.

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm wondering are their any options to search a song by bpm in the api? I searched the documentation, but I didn't came up with anything.    
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Searh
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay short version of the song on hover -widget

PlanFree/Premium I want to make a small compnent with the spotify API that plays the sort version of the song on hover, like in discoverquickly.com . The problem is that i don't know how to make it in its best way, like it doesn't load the songs that...

• Plan Free/Premium   I want to make a small compnent with the spotify API that plays the sort version of the song on hover, like in discoverquickly.com  . The problem is that i don't know...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Quota extension for University Research Project

For my thesis (of the Master Computer Science at KU Leuven) I am working on an application (a group recommender system) using the Spotify API. For my user study I need 80 participants to use the app. This requires a quota extension. Does anyone have ...

• For my thesis (of the Master Computer Science at KU Leuven) I am working on an application (a group recommender system) using the Spotify API.   For my user study I need 80 participants to use...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Quota Extension
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How does an app like MixOnSet still have access to stream Spotify music library?

It doesn't play music via the installed Spotify app.It doesn't appear as a Web Connect player.However it is connected to my Spotify Library and is able to download Spotify music and mix it. Do they have a special partnership with Spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • It doesn't play music via the installed Spotify app. It doesn't appear as a Web Connect player. However it is connected to my Spotify Library and is able to download Spotify music and mix it. &nbs...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Access to iOS/Android streaming SDKs

To the Spotify team, Looks like Spotify is cutting access to the iOS/Android mobile streaming SDKs per recent news announcement: https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/07/15/mobile-streaming-sdks-update/ While Spotify has been advertising ...

Zeyu_0-1658359126695.png
  • Music Fan
  • To the Spotify team,   Looks like Spotify is cutting access to the iOS/Android mobile streaming SDKs per recent news announcement:   https://developer.spotify.com/community/news/2022/07...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 23 likes

Superuser Contribution Getting only 30 sec track on API Call, and also getting Premium Required message but i have trial

I am working on APIs, I have a trial account but I am getting only 30-sec tracks but want to access the full one. And also on checking I am getting message premium requiredcan anybody help!!!!

• I am working on APIs, I have a trial account but I am getting only 30-sec tracks but want to access the full one. And also on checking I am getting message premium required can anybody help!!!!
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Does web playback SDK events have rate limit?

Hi! I am wondering there is some kind of rate limit using Web Playback SDK? I can see that on every action, say pausing or seeking to a position in a song, it will send a HTTP request to cpapi.spotify.com. Will this affect my rate limit?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I am wondering there is some kind of rate limit using Web Playback SDK?     I can see that on every action, say pausing or seeking to a position in a song, it will send ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unauthorized error while creating a playlist

Hey everyone, i'm facing a couple of problems and would like to seek help.Im trying to write a bot that will edit and update my playlists based on other public playlists( add / remove songs on a dailyt basis).I am using the spotify-web-api-node packa...

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone, i'm facing a couple of problems and would like to seek help. Im trying to write a bot that will edit and update my playlists based on other public playlists( add / remove songs on a d...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are we allowed to run the Spotify embed in an ad unit such as a banner ad? Any legal restrictions?

1. Are we allowed to run the embedded Spotify player inside an ad unit such as a banner ad?2. Are there any legal restrictions?3. Do you offer any reporting, such as tracks played, etc.?

• Casual Listener
  • 1. Are we allowed to run the embedded Spotify player inside an ad unit such as a banner ad? 2. Are there any legal restrictions? 3. Do you offer any reporting, such as tracks played, etc.? &nb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed
    embedded Player
    embedded playlist
    legal
    restrictions
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pull episodes after a certain date

Hi I am using the Search API to pull in podcasts into an app. I want to only pull podcasts from the last week, and noticed there is not a date parameter such as "Release_date". Is there anyway to only pull episodes from the last week so I am not maki...

• Regular
  • Hi I am using the Search API to pull in podcasts into an app.    I want to only pull podcasts from the last week, and noticed there is not a date parameter such as "Release_date". Is ther...
  • roul123
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Search
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes