Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• pkrds
  • Regular
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 110 replies
  • 18 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web API: Premium Account requests not well documented

My Question or IssueIs there any listing/documentation for which API endpoints/requests require a Premium Account to use? If not, can the documentation be updated to accurately reflect the nature of each of these endpoints/requests. In a similar post...

• My Question or Issue Is there any listing/documentation for which API endpoints/requests require a Premium Account to use? If not, can the documentation be updated to accurately reflect the nature o...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Wrong sample data in Search for Item

My Question or IssueWhen we use the sample data provided at link and remove the limit and offset and try the query, it returns 0 results.but when we change the q parameter to "remaster track:Doxy artist:Miles Davis" the query returns results.

• My Question or Issue When we use the sample data provided at link  and remove the limit and offset and try the query, it returns 0 results. but when we change the q parameter to "remaster trac...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[API] Add Filter Fields to more endpoints

The fields parameter for the Get Playlist endpoint (/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}) is awesome and allows to filter the query via a comma-separated list of the fields to return.It would be awesome to add this functionality to the other endpoints as well...

• Music Fan
  • The fields parameter for the Get Playlist endpoint (/v1/playlists/{playlist_id}) is awesome and allows to filter the query via a comma-separated list of the fields to return. It would be awes...
  • bluetuz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Stuck at Reload Page (macOS Monterey 12.5)

I ran into Spotify(old) prior to updating the OS to 12.5, where I couldn't open my Spotify at all. Eventually I'm stuck at the latest version of both OS and Spotify, but it would only show an error message: Something went wrongTry loading the page An...

• Visitor
  • I ran into Spotify(old) prior to updating the OS to 12.5, where I couldn't open my Spotify at all. Eventually I'm stuck at the latest version of both OS and Spotify, but it would only show an error m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implementing a Spotify player without opening the Spotify app

Hello fellow developers, I am currently working on a NextJS web app that uses "spotify-web-api-node" package to make use of several Spotify API endpoints. One of the required features is to implement a Spotify player where songs are fetched automatic...

• Visitor
  • Hello fellow developers,   I am currently working on a NextJS web app that uses "spotify-web-api-node" package to make use of several Spotify API endpoints. One of the required features is to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Request Quoata Extention

In the Spotify Developer Dashbord, the button for a "Request Quoata Extention" does not work. You get the error message: "Unexpected end of JSON input".

• Regular
  • In the Spotify Developer Dashbord, the button for a "Request Quoata Extention" does not work. You get the error message: "Unexpected end of JSON input".
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily/Weekly regional data

Hello everyone, I'm searching through API endpoints and I can't find anything that similar to what I need. Is there an endpoint that provides information about weekly or daily regional popular tracks? For example, I want to see what tracks have been ...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone,   I'm searching through API endpoints and I can't find anything that similar to what I need. Is there an endpoint that provides information about weekly or daily regional popul...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • popular
    regional
    tracks
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Boton eliminar de playlist

Hola, no escribiré en ingles porque no lo manejo bien. Podrían incluir un botón en los "Mix Creados para ti". ? el cual al momento de usar la lista de reproducción yo pueda quitar canciones de esta sin eliminarlas de la lista. solo que por motivos an...

• Visitor
  • Hola, no escribiré en ingles porque no lo manejo bien.        Podrían incluir un botón en los "Mix Creados para ti". ?   el cual al momento de usar la lista de repro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify For Business

Can I stream Spotify at a restaurant, and separately go out and buy the licensing for those songs. I want to do this because Spotify has a great API I want to use that the "business licensed" services don't have. How would I go about buying these lic...

• Visitor
  • Can I stream Spotify at a restaurant, and separately go out and buy the licensing for those songs. I want to do this because Spotify has a great API I want to use that the "business licensed" service...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • business
    license
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

User not registered in the Developer Dashboard, reason: None

Hello, I am running into an issue and not sure how to resolve it. I am working on a discord bot that will add any Spotify links found in the chat into a playlist I made.I got it working on my main computer which is a Mac. I am using the Spotipy libra...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I am running into an issue and not sure how to resolve it. I am working on a discord bot that will add any Spotify links found in the chat into a playlist I made. I got it working on my main ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    redirect
    redirect-uri
    token
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS SDK] SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play regression

I believe that there has been a regression in the way that the SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play method is handled. Previously it behaved just like the Web API variant, in that invoking it would clear the queue in addition to playing the requested track.As ...

• Casual Listener
  • I believe that there has been a regression in the way that the SPTAppRemotePlayerAPI.play method is handled.  Previously it behaved just like the Web API variant, in that invoking it would clea...
  • wiiwiiw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    regression
    SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Metal Category ID removed

Is there a reason for this category ID being removed? I used this category id flawlessly up until end of last year, when my application broke. I have since learnt that it was caused by the categoryID being removed. curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify....

• Is there a reason for this category ID being removed? I used this category id flawlessly up until end of last year, when my application broke. I have since learnt that it was caused by the categoryID...
  • E8Wq
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ear
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Misleading info in quickstart guide?

Hi, I was reading over the quickstart guide for a web app and it says "Any application can request data from Spotify Web API endpoints and many endpoints are open and will return data without requiring registration" However, when I look at the consol...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I was reading over the quickstart guide for a web app and it says "Any application can request data from Spotify Web API endpoints and many endpoints are open and will return data without&nb...
  • alvaron
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming videos

My Question or IssueSpotify should add to the songs the videolink or even different links to videos.There is of course challenge how to sync the video and the music, but this could be overcome by running the song and the video in preindexing process ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue Spotify should add to the songs the videolink or even different links to videos. There is of course challenge how to sync the video and the music, but this could be overcome by...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Ideas
    Video On Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Developer Policy compliance for Non-Streaming SDA aggregating data from different platforms

Hi everyone! Would a Non-Streaming SDA that aggregates and analyzes user-specific usage data from different platforms be compliant with the Developer Policy? We are concerned about Section III.5 & III.13 What we plan:Our product matches users based o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone!   Would a Non-Streaming SDA that aggregates and analyzes user-specific usage data from different platforms be compliant with the Developer Policy? We are concerned about Section I...
  • L3g10n
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Spotify API PKCE Refresh Token Process

Hello, I've created authorization code flow with PKCE in JavaScript for my personal website to access top tracks and artists from the user and display them on the page. My issue right now is that I'm new to API's and I'm not sure how to use the refre...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I've created authorization code flow with PKCE in JavaScript for my personal website to access top tracks and artists from the user and display them on the page. My issue right now is...
  • AmitVaidya
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • authorization
    refresh tokens
    spotify api
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Search API for Business

Can I use the Spotify API search functionality for an app that integrates with a restaurant. I won't actually be using Spotify to play the music because it's not licensed for business use, but is it legal for me to use the search functionality. Thank...

• Visitor
  • Can I use the Spotify API search functionality for an app that integrates with a restaurant. I won't actually be using Spotify to play the music because it's not licensed for business use, but is it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    business
    Search
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect not working with cocktail audio x12 recently

Firmware and app are up-to-date. X12 shows up in the device list but Spotify cannot connect to it. Help needed, please.

• Firmware and app are up-to-date. X12 shows up in the device list but Spotify cannot connect to it. Help needed, please.
  • mauretto17061959
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

App Rejection - Apple

Hello! I have developed an app for Ios that uses the Spotify Web API. I do not plan on commercializing it for the time being, but Apple is requesting documentation with permission from Spotify to use third party content. The content I use is the trac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have developed an app for Ios that uses the Spotify Web API. I do not plan on commercializing it for the time being, but Apple is requesting documentation with permission from Spoti...
  • zerosodium
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • app store
    apple
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Shortcut to Equalizer

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevicePixel 6Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or Issue Add an easy access/shortcut to the EQ in the app home page

•   Plan Premium Country France Device Pixel 6 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue   Add an easy access/shortcut to the EQ in the app home page
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes