Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• Lkole
  • Regular
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 151 replies
  • 20 likes

Spotify podcast embed displays the mention 'example'

I want to embed my own podcast on my website and the embed displays the mention 'example' (in Dutch: 'voorbeeld'). I have no idea why and how I can fix this.I have a family Premium plan and live in The Netherlands.My Spotify podcast is linked to my A...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to embed my own podcast on my website and the embed displays the mention 'example' (in Dutch: 'voorbeeld'). I have no idea why and how I can fix this. I have a family Premium plan and live ...
  • laurrence
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to access "discovered on" through the API?

Hi, from what I investigated, there is no endpoint on the API for retrieving the playlists where an artist/song are featured in.Does anyone know if this info can be retrieved via any other endpoint, maybe indirectly?Thanks a lot

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, from what I investigated, there is no endpoint on the API for retrieving the playlists where an artist/song are featured in. Does anyone know if this info can be retrieved via any other endpoint...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Error 400 when trying to reach the 'Custom Playlist Cover Image' endpoint

I have a problem with Web API in my Flutter app. I'm trying to change the image of a playlist with the 'Custom Playlist Cover Image' endpoint. My request is in the next reply.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with Web API in my Flutter app. I'm trying to change the image of a playlist with the 'Custom Playlist Cover Image' endpoint. My request is in the next reply.
  • felixmielcarek
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

**bleep**

Currently developing an application integrating with spotify API, wanting to synch all data etc and it relates to use in commercial spaces. Just wondering if anyone knows of any issues when using spotify's data in this manner. Not sure to what extent...

• Visitor
  • Currently developing an application integrating with spotify API, wanting to synch all data etc and it relates to use in commercial spaces. Just wondering if anyone knows of any issues when using spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api authorization
    API Pricing
    API Question
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

COVID

Will you please stop with the annoying "Learn more about covid 19" banners. We know it already. It is annoying and will cost you clients.Why are you still doing this?And often with podcasts that do not have any intention of stating claims about covid...

• Visitor
  • Will you please  stop with the annoying "Learn more about covid 19" banners. We know it already. It is annoying and will cost you clients. Why are you still doing this? And often with podcasts...
  • 31bepnybh22mgmki5srt
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Wrong attribution to Lhasa de Sela for album 'Natura Tibetana'?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Any iFrame API tutorials?

Can anyone suggest any resources for learning about using the Spotify iFrame API and adding advanced features in a web application?

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone suggest any resources for learning about using the Spotify iFrame API and adding advanced features in a web application?
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iFrame API
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

The ability to watch a podcast visually instead of verbally on the PlayStation 5 Console !

PlanPremiumCountrySaudi Arabia Device( PlayStation 5 )Operating System( Sony ) My Question or IssueI can’t stress how confusing this is, i can watch a podcast with the visuals on my phone but when i go to the Spotify app on my PlayStation 5 i could o...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Saudi Arabia  Device ( PlayStation 5 ) Operating System ( Sony )   My Question or Issue I can’t stress how confusing this is, i can watch a podcast with the v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syntax for accessing cover images

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssuePretty new at JS, but I'm unable to access the URL to a track's image file. It seems to be a ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Pretty ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Images
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotifyd / spotify-tui API error 404

I keep getting the Spotify API error 404 when trying to select the device in the spotify-tui application. I am using the spotifyd daemon and the device does show up in the list but when it is selected the error occurs. It appears this was a common is...

• Visitor
  • I keep getting the Spotify API error 404 when trying to select the device in the spotify-tui application.  I am using the spotifyd daemon and the device does show up in the list but when it is s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

MISSING DATA ON SPOTIFYCHART :(

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating System My Question or IssueHello! I was checking the Weekly Top 200 Songs on spotifychart and found that many of the charts have tracks missing, for example, the December 2020 India weekly lists are missing so...

20221115213402.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System     My Question or Issue Hello! I was checking the Weekly Top 200 Songs on spotifychart and found that many of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Missing data
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Getting Bad Request while saving a specific track

Hi!We are getting an HTTP 400 and "Bad request" response while sending this track ID to save to the user collection: "5tz69p7tJuGPeMGwNTxYuV". It seems happening with a few other track IDs too like this one "6ilWjJAvXy4dnfwBEDetFF". The response: "er...

• Roadie
  • Hi! We are getting an HTTP 400 and "Bad request" response while sending this track ID to save to the user collection: "5tz69p7tJuGPeMGwNTxYuV". It seems happening with a few other track IDs too like...
  • blackarcanis
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Programmatically detect if Spotify is playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceAnyOperating SystemAny My Question or IssueSo, I'm a noob. I would like to run a script on my Windows PC if Spotify (the service, not the Windows app, as the Windows app may not be running) is playing a song. To put it into...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Any Operating System Any   My Question or Issue So, I'm a noob.  I would like to run a script on my Windows PC if Spotify (the service, not the Win...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Scripting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Importing Spotify Data - Commercial Music Service

We have a commercial music service and we want to build a feature that allows a business (who has a Spotify account) to import their playlists into our system. We will only be using the metadata to find the tracks in our system and we will not be str...

• Visitor
  • We have a commercial music service and we want to build a feature that allows a business (who has a Spotify account) to import their playlists into our system. We will only be using the metadata to f...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"genres" in get-track response

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI was playing around with the get-track endpoint (see https://developer.spotify.com/documenta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I was p...
  • starllama
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android] App Remote volume control "IllegalArgumentException"

Plan: AllCountry: Austria, Germany, Switzerland, SpainDevice: Several Android devicesOperating System: Android 10/11/12Spotify App Remote Version: Release 0.7.2Spotify App Version: 8.7.74.443, 8.7.76.359My Issue:We can not control the Volume anymore ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: All Country: Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Spain Device: Several Android devices Operating System: Android 10/11/12 Spotify App Remote Version: Release 0.7.2 Spotify App Version: 8.7.74.4...
  • Lukegr77
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Remote control
    Volume Control
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New releases by genre

Add an endpoint to fetch new releases by genre, in the same fashion as it is presented on the https://everynoise.com/new_releases_by_genre.cgi. The data is there, I'm working on record-digging app. As of now I'll scrape everynoise, but it's slow and ...

• Casual Listener
  • Add an endpoint to fetch new releases by genre, in the same fashion as it is presented on the https://everynoise.com/new_releases_by_genre.cgi. The data is there, I'm working on record-digging app. A...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Forbidden 403 on GET Queue

Hi, I'm trying the Spotify API with through my app in development mode and I'm receiving an error anytime I try to call:GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/queueThe error (why so generic?):data: { error: { status: 403, message: 'Forbidden.' } } ...

• Hi,    I'm trying the Spotify API with through my app in development mode and I'm receiving an error anytime I try to call: GET https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/queue The error (w...
  • _stephane
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

spotipy's sp.playlist_tracks doesn't returns same song from different album

Operating System(Windows 11) My Question or IssueI'm retrieving information from a playlist using spotipy's sp.playlist_tracks().The problem is it doesn't always return the original albums or artists, although they are shown on the spotify desktop ap...

• Operating System (Windows 11)   My Question or Issue I'm retrieving information from a playlist using spotipy's sp.playlist_tracks(). The problem is it doesn't always return the original al...
  • Ximzend
  • Rising Star 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes