Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• manofnibiru
  • Regular
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes

Taking a long time to review

Hi there! How long is the typical review time for an app? Mine has been parked in review for about a month and would love to get it released. Thank you! Luke

• Visitor
  • Hi there! How long is the typical review time for an app? Mine has been parked in review for about a month and would love to get it released. Thank you!   Luke
  • bfioca
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embed Podcast Episode on Android WebView only in Preview mode

My Question or IssueWe're trying to insert an embedded podcast episode to an App Webview.We don't have any problem with webview on IOS app. However, on Android, an embedded podcast episode is only in Preview mode. Operating SystemAndroid

• My Question or Issue We're trying to insert an embedded podcast episode to an App Webview. We don't have any problem with webview on IOS app. However, on Android, an embedded podcast episode is onl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Whether my app is violating some of Spotify Developer Rules or not?

I have an idea for an app, which helps you know what your friends are listening to on Spotify right now. At the moment, I prepared all designs for my app and tested Spotify SDK. For further development, I want to hire a developer, but I want to be su...

• I have an idea for an app, which helps you know what your friends are listening to on Spotify right now.   At the moment, I prepared all designs for my app and tested Spotify SDK. For further ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Quota Extension
    Spotify Developer Rules
    Spotify SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Central OAuth2.0 Authorization on the Backend-Side using PHP and curl

I am creating an application which aims at automatically creating Spotify Playlists in a central Spotify account (not the account of the end users). On the backend side I am using PHP to authorize this central user, and it is working as long as I am ...

• I am creating an application which aims at automatically creating Spotify Playlists in a central Spotify account (not the account of the end users).   On the backend side I am using PHP to aut...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • authorization
    curl
    OAuth
    php
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

401 error when accessing user liked/saved songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceWindows 10 Laptop My Question or IssueWhen trying to access users liked songs via the Spotify API, I can generate an access code, however when trying to use the access code to the"https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Windows 10 Laptop     My Question or Issue When trying to access users liked songs via the Spotify API, I can generate an access code, ho...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
    Python
    saved songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Follow URL

My Question or IssueIs there any way to have a Spotify user follow a playlist from within a webpage (without redirecting to the Spotify app first)? I can develop a Spotify app for this but I don't think I would be approved for expanded quota. I'm hop...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Is there any way to have a Spotify user follow a playlist from within a webpage (without redirecting to the Spotify app first)?   I can develop a Spotify app for this but...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • code
    dev
    embed
    follow
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Non-streaming SDA" Definition

Hello, I'm developing an SDA and would like to monetize it in the future. In short, the application allows users to organize albums on a visual grid. Clicking an album within this grid will call the start playback endpoint, so that the album begins p...

• Hello,   I'm developing an SDA and would like to monetize it in the future. In short, the application allows users to organize albums on a visual grid. Clicking an album within this grid will ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Embed

My Question or Issue Hello, I have embedded a playlist + track to my website which is working but is only playing a 30 second sample.Is their a way to allow it to play a full track?Not every user maybe logged into a spotify account to view the track ...

• My Question or Issue   Hello, I have embedded a playlist + track to my website which is working but is only playing a 30 second sample. Is their a way to allow it to play a full track? Not...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deprecated streaming SDKs?

In regards to the below update, can we get any information on what will no longer be working exactly? Both the new iOS and Android SDKs are far from production ready and have a backlog of issues. Furthermore, it seems they haven't really been updated...

• Casual Listener
  • In regards to the below update, can we get any information on what will no longer be working exactly?  Both the new iOS and Android SDKs are far from production ready and have a backlog of issue...
  • dantirer
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Can I get Spotify likes that I can use for a commercial product? They already do this with Songshift

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Create commercial music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Adding a Playlist to Queue Using Spotify API

Using ''add_to_queue(uri, device_id=None)'' only lets the user add Tracks or Episodes to the playback queue. I was wondering if there is a secret way to add an entire playlist to the queue? Looking at the Add Item to Playback Queue (https://developer...

• Casual Listener
  • Using ''add_to_queue(uri, device_id=None)'' only lets the user add Tracks or Episodes to the playback queue. I was wondering if there is a secret way to add an entire playlist to the queue? Looking a...
  • ogernugget
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Add Playlist to Queue
    API Help
    spotify api
    Spotipy
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Stephan Stills

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Authentication SDK

Hi My app get rejected as it's getting error "Deprecated API Use(UI web view ) they want to replace it with WKWebView .Can you help with Spotify latest sdk that uses the WKWebView as if now the binary file of spotify is using UIwebview

• Visitor
  • Hi  My app get rejected as it's getting error "Deprecated API Use(UI web view ) they want to replace it with WKWebView . Can you help with Spotify latest sdk that uses the WKWebView as if now ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify iOS Api issue
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

best way to get geographical data?

Hey folks! I'm working on a project to help artists optimize touring and I remember artists used to be able to see where they were getting listens from for their music. This info would be huge, so if there is any way to access this info outside of an...

• Visitor
  • Hey folks!   I'm working on a project to help artists optimize touring and I remember artists used to be able to see where they were getting listens from for their music. This info would be hu...
  • davidmarinorozc
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • artist
    geotagging
    metadata
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Song lyrics

This has probably been talked a lot about but is they a way where you guys can add a romanized version of different songs like k-pop or j-pop because I would love to be able to sing along to the songs:)

• Visitor
  • This has probably been talked a lot about but is they a way where you guys can add a romanized version of different songs like k-pop or j-pop because I would love to be able to sing along to the song...
  • doppels
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

SpotifyAuthentication

My QuestionsI was using SpotifyAuthentication SDK for Spotify auth login but when I upload app to app store getting UIWebView deprecated error, can anyone provide me updated SpotifyAuthentication with WKWebView?

• Regular
  • My Questions I was using SpotifyAuthentication SDK for Spotify auth login but when I upload app to app store getting UIWebView deprecated error, can anyone provide me updated SpotifyAuthen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

'404 - Invalid Username' when requesting /currently-playing endpoint

Plan: FreeCountry: United KingdomDevice: Surface Pro 3 Operating System: Windows 10 (21H2) using Brave browserMy Question or Issue:I believe I have successfully authenticated to the API using this code: /* Get Spotify Authorization Token */ $ch = cur...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: United Kingdom Device: Surface Pro 3  Operating System: Windows 10 (21H2) using Brave browser My Question or Issue: I believe I have successfully authenticated...
  • anomis66
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • currently playing
    Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 403 when other users try to login on deployed app

In my local system and deployed version, the web-app works fine for me(the developer). But when other users try to login with the deployed version, it authorizes the user, but refuses to serve the requests of endpoints like "get user profile", it thr...

• Visitor
  • In my local system and deployed version, the web-app works fine for me(the developer). But when other users try to login with the deployed version, it authorizes the user, but refuses to serve the re...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error 403
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Response after creating playlist returns artist object instead of a playlist. wth?

I'm trying to give users an option to create a private playlist from the app. I followed documentation and my request successfully creates a playlist on user's account (I can see the playlist on my profile) but the response that comes back doesn't co...

• Roadie
  • ...equest:   "https://api.spotify.com/v1/users/adwienc/playlists"     Here's body of the request:   {"collaborative":false,"description":"Queue","name":"Plum-Queue","public":f...
  • wiiwiiw
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Web API: Premium Account requests not well documented

My Question or IssueIs there any listing/documentation for which API endpoints/requests require a Premium Account to use? If not, can the documentation be updated to accurately reflect the nature of each of these endpoints/requests. In a similar post...

• My Question or Issue Is there any listing/documentation for which API endpoints/requests require a Premium Account to use? If not, can the documentation be updated to accurately reflect the nature o...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes