Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• JammNatio
  • Regular
  • 126 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 126 replies
  • 19 likes

Make a playlist React

Hello currently I am trying to make a playlist but I am getting a 401 error. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can fix this?

• Regular
  • Hello currently I am trying to make a playlist but I am getting a 401 error. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can fix this?
  • airborm
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • make playlist
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle isn’t working properly

It was only after the recent update on Aug. 23 of 2022 that I realized that my shuffle button wasn’t working. When I went to support, it suggested to log out and in and it worked until I exited the app and then it stopped working properly again. And ...

• It was only after the recent update on Aug. 23 of 2022 that I realized that my shuffle button wasn’t working. When I went to support, it suggested to log out and in and it worked until I exited the a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pull Playlist Data From All Spotify Editorial Playlists - Incomplete

Hi All, I've been trying to create a simple query to pull real time data of tracks that sit on all public Spotify editorial playlists. I'm doing this by pulling data from all public playlists that list "spotify" as the owner.This returns a list of ~1...

• Visitor
  • Hi All,   I've been trying to create a simple query to pull real time data of tracks that sit on all public Spotify editorial playlists. I'm doing this by pulling data from all public p...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
    Public collaborative playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Shared library feature

My Question or Issue I was just wondering if Spotify could do like/rating button on songs in shared library? As am not a developer I am asking here .

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   I was just wondering if Spotify could do like/rating button on songs in shared library? As am not a developer I am asking here . 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Feature
    Shared library
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I get stats from Spotify podcaster?

I want to create some application for analytics podcasts and I need to get data similar to Spotify podcaster, catalog tab (starts, streams, listeners). How can I get it? I use Node.js and need some endpoint for this data.

• I want to create some application for analytics podcasts and I need to get data similar to Spotify podcaster, catalog tab (starts, streams, listeners). How can I get it? I use Node.js and need some e...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Podcast API
    stats
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Global chart api

PlanFree/PremiumCountryIndiaDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI am using this api ("https://api.spotify.com/v1/searchq=country=global&recurrence=daily&...

1659962518717.JPEG
  • Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country India Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I am usi...
  • David_Scott
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Playback SDK not working in Chrome but works in Firefox

Hi all, I’ve been using the web playback SDK for a while with no issues. Now I’m not getting any sound on chrome even though the playback and app seems to be working. I’ve just tested it on Firefox and it works perfectly. Any ideas what’s causing thi...

• Hi all, I’ve been using the web playback SDK for a while with no issues. Now I’m not getting any sound on chrome even though the playback and app seems to be working.  I’ve just tested it o...
  • cent0nZz
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • api
    playback
    Playback SDK
    Web API
    Web Playback API
    Web SDK
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[Desktop][Developer] CDN API support HTTP/2

There was an issue in the WebAPI github repo in the past where HTTP/2 support was mentioned, but the same was never mentioned again. Is there any way to get feedback or a possible implementation of the issue?HTTP/2 is considered a standard these days...

• Music Fan
  • There was an issue in the WebAPI github repo in the past where HTTP/2 support was mentioned, but the same was never mentioned again.   Is there any way to get feedback or a possible implementa...
  • heatmanofurioso
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Embed - wrong font size

DeviceWindows, PCMy Question or IssueHello,we have an issue with podcast title display. Generated preview doesn´t display diacritics because of low line-height. Font size is 1.5rem, but line-height is only 1rem. Can you fix it please?Original podcast...

Snímek obrazovky (83).png Snímek obrazovky (84).png Snímek obrazovky (86).png Snímek obrazovky (87).png
  • Device Windows, PC My Question or Issue Hello, we have an issue with podcast title display. Generated preview doesn´t display diacritics because of low line-height. Font size is 1.5rem, but line-...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deeplinking to Spotify iOS app?

My app would benefit from being able to deeplink into Spotify app on iOS so that users can quickly edit the now playing queue or adjust some playback settings. Are there any supported URL schemes that would allow to open Spotify app and:Go to queue v...

• Roadie
  • My app would benefit from being able to deeplink into Spotify app on iOS so that users can quickly edit the now playing queue or adjust some playback settings.   Are there any supported URL sc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Launching a streaming website connected to Spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHelloWe recently created a site through Spotify Developer for people who need real streaming ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! CreatePlaylist API Call not adding the description information to the created playlist

PlanFreeCountryBrazil DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueApparently, as of august 20th 2022 09:35 PM UTC, the time that I found out about the bug, the CreatePlaylist API Call receives a JSON Body containing the name of the playlis...

• Regular
  • ...ug, the CreatePlaylist API Call receives a JSON Body containing the name of the playlist, which is working, the public boolean flag, which also seems to be working, and the description, that just does n...
  • nikkk1
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP on expedited extension request Quota Extension on developer platform

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceDeveloperOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello there. I need immediate help with the quota extension review. I hadn't realized that one of the members on our project hadn't summited for it, and we have a laun...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device Developer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello there. I need immediate help with the quota extension review. I hadn't realize...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    Developer API
    Developer portal access
    Quota Extension
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search for Item in Developer Console Not Working

DeviceHP Spectre x360Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 11 ProBrowserGoogle Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81 My Question or Issue Using the example ("Doxy" by Miles Davis) for search in the developer console yields no results. It seems like the API does n...

• Visitor
  • Device HP Spectre x360 Operating System Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Browser Google Chrome Version 104.0.5112.81   My Question or Issue   Using the example ("Doxy" by Miles Davis)...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Check if user has played an episode

Hi, It would be really useful if we could check through the code if an episode has been marked played by the current user. Either a new endpoint for this or returning the information as part of the GET /episode/{id} would be great! Reason for this is...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   It would be really useful if we could check through the code if an episode has been marked played by the current user. Either a new endpoint for this or returning the information as part...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Get Several Albums by UPC

Is there a way to get several albums by providing a list of UPCs only?

• Is there a way to get several albums by providing a list of UPCs only?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    bulk
    upc
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify App Remote `AuthenticationFailedException` When Networks Unavailable

Plan: PremiumCountry: United States Device: Google Pixel 6 ProOperating System: Android 12 The issue:Recently, Spotify App Remote 0.7.2 has stopped working completely when my device is in airplane mode, has no network or has poor network coverage. Th...

• Music Fan
  • Plan: Premium Country: United States   Device: Google Pixel 6 Pro Operating System: Android 12   The issue: Recently, Spotify App Remote 0.7.2 has stopped working completely when my ...
  • Abominabl31
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest played - queue by sliding

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueIt would be very helpful to be able to slide-queue songs while browsing my lateral played son...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue ...
  • Ximzend
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • latest played
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Button Add Album to new playlist

PlanPremiumCountryItaly Device(Macbook Pro 2019)Operating System(Monterey) My Question or IssueHello, sorry I'm not a developer. I need a button (ADD ALBUM) for my website that performs this action>>> Add a playlist into a user account in his Spotify...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device (Macbook Pro 2019) Operating System (Monterey)   My Question or Issue Hello, sorry I'm not a developer. I need a button (ADD ALBUM) for my web...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Add albums on Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes