Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• vogloblinsky
  • Casual Listener
  • 131 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 131 replies
  • 19 likes

Embed API Commercial Use

Hi! Is the Embed API prohibited from being used in a commercial app to play tracks from Spotify? Is that API only allowed for Podcasts in a commercial setting? If i wish to play songs from Spotify on iOS, the only way is through the iOS remote SDK?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! Is the Embed API prohibited from being used in a commercial app to play tracks from Spotify? Is that API only allowed for Podcasts in a commercial setting?   If i wish to play songs from S...
  • MalibuTime
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • embed-api
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The Spotify app for Windows radomly closes

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei Matebook D16Operating SystemWindows 11 Home My Question or IssueWhen I play or skip a song the Spotify app will sometimes close, and when I try to re-open it, it will close immediately. I have to try a couple tim...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei Matebook D16 Operating System Windows 11 Home   My Question or Issue When I play or skip a song the Spotify app will sometimes close, and whe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify mobile app authentication

Hi, I'm building an app using a cross-platform framework so can't use the iOS and Android SDks directly. Is there a way to open the Spotify app for authentication, instead of the website?

• Regular
  • Hi,   I'm building an app using a cross-platform framework so can't use the iOS and Android SDks directly.   Is there a way to open the Spotify app for authentication, instead of the we...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

This 1 change to the app, would make it flawless

Ok, I’ve been using Spotify on my all of my iPhones for about 10yrs now and in my opinion, no other music app compares. The one key feature that I love is the built in EQ!!!! Hands down the best feature in the Spotify app!!I have one complaint, and i...

• Visitor
  • Ok, I’ve been using Spotify on my all of my iPhones for about 10yrs now and in my opinion, no other music app compares. The one key feature that I love is the built in EQ!!!! Hands down the best feat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App rejected by apple because Sign In with Apple button doesn’t have the logo

My app was rejected by Apple because the Sign In with Apple button on Spotify’s auth portal does not contain the logo which apparently violates the new Design Guidelines.Is there an alternative way to let users authenticate? I attached the image that...

_camden_0-1657769705258.png
  • Casual Listener
  • My app was rejected by Apple because the Sign In with Apple button on Spotify’s auth portal does not contain the logo which apparently violates the new Design Guidelines. Is there an alternative w...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Artist missing and erroneous response data

Hello, good evening. When retrieving data from the Get Artist endpoint, I notice some popular artists have missing data or erroneous data filled in. For example, Maiara e Maraisa (artist_id = 4WMYNh2etFJTSIOMp5xT0K), who have around ~8 million follow...

GetArtistResponse.png MaiaraAndMaraisa.png
  • Hello, good evening. When retrieving data from the Get Artist endpoint, I notice some popular artists have missing data or erroneous data filled in.   For example, Maiara e Maraisa&n...
  • geovanebento
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing timescroller

PlanPremiumCountryCzech Republic DeviceIPad 8Operating SystemIPadOS 15.1 My Question or Issue Hello, guys! I found some problem with the Spotify on IPads: when you open the lyrics of track then the timescroll of track freezes. Music still play but ap...

• Plan Premium Country Czech Republic   Device IPad 8 Operating System IPadOS 15.1   My Question or Issue   Hello, guys! I found some problem with the Spotify on IPads: when ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Freezing
    lyrics menu
    Timescroller
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

audiobooks via API

Hi,Is there absolutely no way to distinguish audiobooks from other content when using the API? ... just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here! Thnx

• Hi, Is there absolutely no way to distinguish audiobooks from other content when using the API? ... just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious here! Thnx  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Store and process data from Spotify

Hello together,I would like to use the data about certain songs from Spotify for my backend. However, the backend is on a web server and not directly in the mobile app. The data would then have to be stored and processed there.Does anyone know if thi...

• Hello together, I would like to use the data about certain songs from Spotify for my backend. However, the backend is on a web server and not directly in the mobile app. The data would then have to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Backend
    legal
    Process
    store
    webserver
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Implementing Spotify into an app without having Spotify downloaded

Hi - what is the best way to go about implementing Spotify, either through an API or Spotify iOS SDK, into an app where the user does not need to have Spotify downloaded on their end? I'm looking to implement Spotify into an app for better user engag...

• Hi - what is the best way to go about implementing Spotify, either through an API or Spotify iOS SDK, into an app where the user does not need to have Spotify downloaded on their end? I'm looking to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API Support
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

API endpoint Audio Features speechiness returning incorrect values

The current API endpoint for retrieving audio features, namely '/v1/audio-features', seems to be returning incorrect values. As of this moment, I am unable to find tracks with speech which exceed the 0.33 threshold as per the documentation of the API...

• The current API endpoint for retrieving audio features, namely '/v1/audio-features', seems to be returning incorrect values. As of this moment, I am unable to find tracks with speech which exceed the...
  • volkithedreamer
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • API reference
    Audio-features
    bug Report issue report to Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Get Playlist URI with updated Desktop Look

Hey!So my Spotify updated yesterday, and gave my Desktop version this cool new look. The only problem I experienced was that I can't seem to find how to get the Playlist URI now? You used to just go to share => copy Playlist URI but thats just not th...

• Music Fan
  • Hey! So my Spotify updated yesterday, and gave my Desktop version this cool new look. The only problem I experienced was that I can't seem to find how to get the Playlist URI now? You used to just g...
  • embql
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Desktop Windows
    Playlist URI
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Get Listen History for a specific artist

Hello!I am looking for a way to GET the listen history for a user after providing an artist ID, It does not appear that there is an endpoint currently available for this and am wondering if this is a feature that could be added?Or what would be an al...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I am looking for a way to GET the listen history for a user after providing an artist ID, It does not appear that there is an endpoint currently available for this and am wondering if this ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • artist
    Get
    history
    Listen
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[search api] error when query artists of a certain genre over 1000+

Hello! I have got an error when querying the artists info of a given genre. The error only occurs when the total artists of that genre is greater than 1000. genre = 'j-pop' artist=[] # query the total number of artists at=sp.search(q='genre:'+genre,l...

• Hello!   I have got an error when querying the artists info of a given genre. The error only occurs when the total artists of that genre is greater than 1000.       genre = ...
  • hendrywijaya98
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I got a 403 code in the response with no description when I called “/me/player/play” endpoint.

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwan DeviceMacBook Pro 2015 / ChromeOperating SystemmacOS 12.4 My Question or IssueI used Implicit Grant Flow to get my access token. After I was authorized, I used my token that I just got to call the endpoint “/me/player/play” t...

截圖 2022-07-10 13.28.47.png 截圖 2022-07-10 13.29.04.png 截圖 2022-07-10 13.28.30.png
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan   Device MacBook Pro  2015 / Chrome Operating System macOS 12.4   My Question or Issue I used Implicit Grant Flow to get my access token. After I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Monetization

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlist Monetization
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Rate limit per user

Hello,We have an application where users connects with their spotify account and they can make multiple requests on playlists(fetch, insert, update) on their Spotify accounts through API.After a number of requests (usually couple hundred) that works ...

• Hello, We have an application where users connects with their spotify account and they can make multiple requests on playlists(fetch, insert, update) on their Spotify accounts through API. After ...
  • jasonmelohall
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • rate limit
    user app
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

API Access Token

https://pastebin.com/zx9FwZEs This is what my code looks like so far. I followed the Spotify Web Api Documentation, and it says:Response On success, the response will have a 200 OK status and the following JSON data in the response body.How do I acce...

• Visitor
  • https://pastebin.com/zx9FwZEs   This is what my code looks like so far. I followed the Spotify Web Api Documentation, and it says: Response On success, the response will have a 200 OK status ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

502 bad gateway on player requests

Spotify premium planWindows 10ASP .NET core 6 web api this morning I was working on developing a personal project that relies on Spotify integration. Requests we working fine, but around 2:30pm eastern time, calls to the me/player endpoint started re...

• Visitor
  • Spotify premium plan Windows 10 ASP .NET core 6 web api   this morning I was working on developing a personal project that relies on Spotify integration. Requests we working fine, but around...
  • belltown
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • API Bug
    Bad Gateway
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes