Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• BeatPace
  • 119 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 119 replies
  • 19 likes

Historic active user data

Hey folks, Just wondering if it is possible to get historical active user data for my web app rather than just the 1 month view available on the dashboard? Ideally I would like to see 3/4 months back. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Hey folks,   Just wondering if it is possible to get historical active user data for my web app rather than just the 1 month view available on the dashboard?    Ideally I would lik...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • User data
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

API endpoint to enable/disable crossfade

I have an app that I've been working on, an enhanced player of sorts. I want to give the user easier control over when crossfade is turned on or off, such as on a song-by-song basis. What's the chance that this will be added as a future API endpoint?...

• I have an app that I've been working on, an enhanced player of sorts. I want to give the user easier control over when crossfade is turned on or off, such as on a song-by-song basis. What's the chanc...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Playing with an offset is not working when element in URI list appears multiple times

I am trying to start playing a list of URIs with the offset parameter. Some of the URIs are contained multiple times. Issue found on 2020-06-25. Scope(s):"streaming", "user-read-email", "user-read-private", "user-modify-playback-state" Steps to repro...

• Casual Listener
  • I am trying to start playing a list of URIs with the offset parameter. Some of the URIs are contained multiple times.   Issue found on 2020-06-25.   Scope(s): "streaming", "user-r...
  • JtheSaw
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Speed up the query of audio features

Hello, I'm currently writing a small Python program to analyze the audio features of saved songs with the Spotify Web API. Unfortunately, querying the audio features for each song takes a long time. Approx. 3-4 songs are analyzed per second. With 250...

• Hello,  I'm currently writing a small Python program to analyze the audio features of saved songs with the Spotify Web API. Unfortunately, querying the audio features for each song takes a long...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Hit Song Dataset

Hi Spotify team! For a research paper, I have collected audio features for all audio tracks published at https://spotifycharts.com and Spotify's published and featured playlists. It is made up of about 165.000 unique tracks that were in the hit chart...

• Visitor
  • Hi Spotify team!   For a research paper, I have collected audio features for all audio tracks published at https://spotifycharts.com and Spotify's published and featured playlists. It is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

About the 429 error and Retry-After

Hi !Simple question: does the "Retry-After" returned when there's a 429 error is for the whole application ID or is it only based per access token / user ? So if I got this error, is it all requests in my application I have to slow down or only for t...

• Roadie
  • Hi ! Simple question: does the "Retry-After" returned when there's a 429 error is for the whole application ID or is it only based per access token / user ? So if I got this error, is it all request...
  • blackarcanis
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Endpoint Σ50

I have some questions about gathering user listening history from the Recently Played endpoint. As far as I know, recursively calling the recently played endpoint is the only way to get a user's listening history. You can see how I have done that her...

• Visitor
  • I have some questions about gathering user listening history from the Recently Played endpoint.   As far as I know, recursively calling the recently played endpoint is the only way to get a u...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Discussion
    Listening History
    Recently Played
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution email input already fill on the Auth Page

I'm building a spotify app for KaiOs and there is a problem with your authentication page. In fact, the cursor is not there, and there is no touch screen, so the user cannot get out of the username/input in order to fill the password. If you cannot m...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm building a spotify app for KaiOs and there is a problem with your authentication page.   In fact, the cursor is not there, and there is no touch screen, so the user cannot get out of the u...
  • Xperience94120
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify.dev should redirect to developer.spotify.com

My Question or IssueI noticed that https://spotify.dev doesn't redirect to https://developer.spotify.com, so the callback routes for the dashboard don't work. See https://twitter.com/binyamingreen/status/1242458037975220225

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I noticed that https://spotify.dev doesn't redirect to https://developer.spotify.com, so the callback routes for the dashboard don't work.   See https://twitter.com/...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Login with username and password

PlanFreeCountryFRDeviceMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello ! I'm creating a Java api but I need to login with email and ...

• Plan Free Country FR Device Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36 Operating System Windows 10   My Question o...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login Errors
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Web Playback SDK Rapid Track Switching

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have recently integrated the Spotify Web Playback SDK into my electron app.I am aware that there exist issues with electron and EME, however i am using a fork of elec...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have recently integrated the Spotify Web Playback SDK into my electron app. I am aware th...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify OAuth2 Static IP Ranges

My Question or Issue We are using Spotify OAuth2 for customer authentication, we have Firewall which will block the responses from IP addresses, we would like to know which IP address ranges Spotify OAuth2 is using for redirection back.

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   We are using Spotify OAuth2 for customer authentication, we have Firewall which will block the responses from IP addresses, we would like to know which IP address ranges...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Permissions on posting blogs on another site like Medium

My Question or IssueI am new to the developer community, my question is whether can we post the developer contents on other blogging sites like Medium etc just for information or reference purpose? Thanks in advance.

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue I am new to the developer community, my question is whether can we post the developer contents on other blogging sites like Medium etc just for information or reference purpose?...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Blogs
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify radio build

PlanFree/PremiumCountrySwedenDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI want to build an radio interface to spotify and was wondering if the web API will do t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Sweden Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I want ...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web API
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Commercial integration request

My Question or Issue Hello,I have submitted a commercial integration request in March but I have not heard anything back, and I am still waiting for approval? Could anyone help me with this please?

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   Hello, I have submitted a commercial integration request in March but I have not heard anything back, and I am still waiting for approval?   Could anyone help me...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Commercial integration
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can I save spotify data to a database?

Hello, I am making a web app that uses the top 100 songs for a decade (not user-specific data), and as these songs (and information) are the same every single time, I would like to save this data (song, artist (their genres, cover image), audio featu...

• Hello,    I am making a web app that uses the top 100 songs for a decade (not user-specific data), and as these songs (and information) are the same every single time, I would like to sav...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Search - missing results

I am building an app where you search for albums by artist and / or album name.Most queries work as expected. But I have a case where using Spotify console I get correct results but the same query in my app returns completely different. Developer con...

• Casual Listener
  • I am building an app where you search for albums by artist and / or album name. Most queries work as expected. But I have a case where using Spotify console I get correct results but the same query ...
  • _milena
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Get Another User's Top Tracks

PlanPremiumCountryIDDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8, Windows PCOperating SystemAndroid Oreo, Windows 10 My Question or IssueI'm trying to build a simple user-based collaborative filtering, which mainly involves two users as inputs. Using the developer consol...

• Plan Premium Country ID Device Samsung Galaxy S8, Windows PC Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10   My Question or Issue I'm trying to build a simple user-based collaborative filt...
  • _milena
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes