Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• yedy
  • Visitor
  • 123 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 19 likes

Recently-played endpoint behaving weird

Hello everyone, I am working on this endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played. I was wondering how much delay there is between the actual track listening (via UI) and the presence of the data in the API response. To check this i...

• Visitor
  • Hello everyone, I am working on this endpoint: https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/recently-played.   I was wondering how much delay there is between the actual track listening (via UI) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • recently-played endpoint
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play button restrictions

I want to use the play button widget inside of a webview in a react native app. This app is going to be free but it will have advertisements. These are two of your restrictions: 1) Please note that the Spotify Play Button may not be used for commerci...

• Visitor
  • I want to use the play button widget inside of a webview in a react native app. This app is going to be free but it will have advertisements.   These are two of your restrictions:   1) ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music reactive LED's using the Spotify API

I am using the Spotify API to make some music reactive LED's. At the moment i am making them blink on the bpm of the curently playing track and I noticed that they are a bit boring to look at and the beat is not allways what you want the LED's to rea...

• Casual Listener
  • I am using the Spotify API to make some music reactive LED's. At the moment i am making them blink on the bpm of the curently playing track and I noticed that they are a bit boring to look at and the...
  • mattallmighty
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Rythm
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a version-specific URL that can be used for Spotify binaries for package managers?

The winget team from Microsoft has an issue where, when a new binary is uploaded to your servers, the SHA256 is invalidated.The original issue can be seen here:https://github.com/microsoft/winget-pkgs/issues/1293The URL to the installer can be found ...

• The winget team from Microsoft has an issue where, when a new binary is uploaded to your servers, the SHA256 is invalidated. The original issue can be seen here: https://github.com/microsoft/wing...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unity AudioSource Playback Commercial Integration

Hello, Is there a way to stream songs on Spotify directly to Unity's AudioSource? It is for a commercial application.I'm making a visualiser application and to get the spectrum data from the song, it has to be playing on the AudioSource. It would be ...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   Is there a way to stream songs on Spotify directly to Unity's AudioSource? It is for a commercial application. I'm making a visualiser application and to get the spectrum data from t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

BBC commercial app request

Hi,I've sent a commercial app request a month ago from this account in order to integrate the BBC Music Memories app with the Spotify API. I've searched the forum and I've found out that it's not possible to check the status of the application on the...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've sent a commercial app request a month ago from this account in order to integrate the BBC Music Memories app with the Spotify API. I've searched the forum and I've found out that it's n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Authentication API failing in production right now

Hey Spotify, I'm using your authentication api to register all my users and everything worked fine since yesterday. I just launced a big ad campaign and suddenly no new users or current ones can sign in and all the api returns are: 400 - 'invalid_req...

• Music Fan
  • Hey Spotify,   I'm using your authentication api to register all my users and everything worked fine since yesterday. I just launced a big ad campaign and suddenly no new users or current ones...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 40 replies
  • 4 likes
  • server
  • 40 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution retrieving spotify relief artist option in artists endpoint api

hi all, is this possible yet? or in the making? https://artists.spotify.com/blog/introducing-artist-fundraising-pick Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • hi all,   is this possible yet? or in the making?   https://artists.spotify.com/blog/introducing-artist-fundraising-pick   Thanks
  • unsilon
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Queue function returning 503 error

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountryFranceDevice(Raspberry Pi)os debian My Question or IssueI’m trying to use the API in order to call Spotify from a ...

• Regular
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country France Device (Raspberry Pi) os debian   My...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple OSA script not returning playback information for new songs

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceMacbook Pro 2019Operating SystemOSX Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76) My Question or IssueI have an applet in my console that automatically adds the current playing track as well as music controls to my tmux-powerline like this: ...

example.png Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 12.44.34.png Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 12.46.33.png
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Macbook Pro 2019 Operating System OSX Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)   My Question or Issue I have an applet in my console that automatically adds the curr...
  • paul_1994
  • Casual Listener
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes
  • development
    OSA
    osx
  • 19 replies
  • 3 likes

Calculation of popularity algorithm from a track

My Question or Issue Hello,I would like to know how is the calculation of popularity algorithm from a track. Particularly, I need to know how is the calculation based on the time. In the documentation of tracks, i see that "the popularity is calculat...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue   Hello, I would like to know how is the calculation of popularity algorithm from a track.  Particularly, I need to know how is the calculation based on the time.&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What is going on with the ios-sdk repo?

There have not been any releases to the SDK since February. Issues are piling up and not being replied to. It appears that there are only one or two developers maintaining the repository, dropping in once every few weeks, and they are very picky abou...

• Gig Goer
  • There have not been any releases to the SDK since February. Issues are piling up and not being replied to.   It appears that there are only one or two developers maintaining the repository, dr...
  • spottyottiedopa
  • Gig Goer
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

iOS SDK - SPTAppRemote often cannot connect despite Spotify playing music.

When attempting to connect the iOS SDK SPTAppRemote after authenticating with SPTSessionManager and starting playback, every once in awhile the SPTAppRemote cannot connect no matter how many attempts to retry are made. The only remedy is to ask a use...

• Gig Goer
  • When attempting to connect the iOS SDK SPTAppRemote after authenticating with  SPTSessionManager and starting playback, every once in awhile the SPTAppRemote cannot connect no matter how m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

WebPlaybackSDK Refresh Token

When first initializing the WebPlaybackSDK, we are provided with a getOAuthToken property that returns a callback that accepts the access token as the only argument. Would we use the same callback function to provide a refreshed access_token? Doesn't...

• Casual Listener
  • When first initializing the WebPlaybackSDK, we are provided with a getOAuthToken property that returns a callback that accepts the access token as the only argument.   Would we use the same ca...
  • spottyottiedopa
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Order of related artists

When calling the Get an Artist's Related Artists endpoint of the Web API, you get a list of up to 20 artists that are similar to the artist specified in the call. Does the order of this list matter? Are the artists sorted by similarity to the origina...

• Visitor
  • When calling the Get an Artist's Related Artists endpoint of the Web API, you get a list of up to 20 artists that are similar to the artist specified in the call. Does the order of this list mat...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Play Button Refreshes on a page while typing

Hi,Hope anyone reading this is safe and well.I'm currently developing using angular and embedding the play button in a modal. The modal has text fields and the play button in the iframe resets everytime I type in the fields on the page. So if the pla...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Hope anyone reading this is safe and well. I'm currently developing using angular and embedding the play button in a modal. The modal has text fields and the play button in the iframe resets ev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Track object is not same in documentation as what is returned

If you look in the references for the documentation there are discrepancies in the track objects that are returned vs what is outlined with descriptions. The most notable is the difference of there being no "is_local" in the references.

• Casual Listener
  • If you look in the references for the documentation there are discrepancies in the track objects that are returned vs what is outlined with descriptions. The most notable is the difference of there b...
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Object
    References
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I want to listen to music through api.

I want to listen to music through api. Currently, I can only listen to the review url and listen to it in advance for 30 seconds. Is there another way? (Use account is the default account.)

• Visitor
  • I want to listen to music through api. Currently, I can only listen to the review url and listen to it in advance for 30 seconds. Is there another way? (Use account is the default account.)
  • spotifyjosh
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is Spotify abusing its dominant position?

Since 3pm yesterday the Spotify Web API has stopped working on theauthorization endpoints. The only error returned is a 400 error code with noattached error description. Since I’m using Spotify as the onlyauthentication method in my app, it’s crashin...

• Music Fan
  • Since 3pm yesterday the Spotify Web API has stopped working on the authorization endpoints. The only error returned is a 400 error code with no attached error description. Since I’m using Spotify a...
  • BagJason
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    Issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Tokens Required?

Hey Everyone, I am currently creating a website that uses Spotify API to search for trackshttps://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=${track}%20${artist}&type=track is the urlI have been able to do this successfully using code that prompts the user to sign ...

• Visitor
  • Hey Everyone,   I am currently creating a website that uses Spotify API to search for tracks https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?q=${track}%20${artist}&type=track is the url I have bee...
  • jbtwaalf
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes