Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

windows pc and iphone 8

Operating System

iOS 10 and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I've never had premium before and keep hearing about the 3 free months ad. I click on the ad from within the spotify app on my pc and it takes me to the site. from there it shows me the plans single/family/student but there is nothing there about 3 months free. i click get premium and it takes me to the payment page but nothing about 3 free months there either. do i just not qualify? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Imran,

Remember that our offers are valid per person, not per account. If you create a new account, this will not make you eligible for a new trial.

So if you tried to activate Premium through the Introductory Trial Offer but you were redirected to activating it without a trial, it's worth checking whether you created more than one Spotify account and activated Premium on one of these in the past.

You can check on this  by following the steps you'll find here.

Please keep us posted if we can help you any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Hey @hovosapiens, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try getting Premium here? If you don't see a 3 month trial, please send me a screenshot of that page so I can take a look.

Let me know how this goes 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for the help. that link took me to the same page i have been seeing. no 3 free months. here are some images. spot1.JPGspot2.JPGspot3.JPG

Hey @hovosapiens,

Thanks for sending me a screenshot of that page.

Lastly, can you send me a screenshot of your Receipts page? Please make sure to hide private info when posting to the Community.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

spot4.JPG

Hey @hovosapiens

Thanks for the screenshot!
Could you try getting Premium here using a different browser or incognito mode? 

Let me know if you see the 3 month trial 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star

didn't work. the only way i see the 3 month free offer is when i log out of my account. then when i log back in when signing up, its gone. seems like the only way i can get it is if i create a new account which i dont want to do. ive had this account for over 5 years. dont remember having anything other than free. i want premium but i dont want to pass up 3 months free. im trying to give you money spotify, help me out.

Hey @hovosapiens,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In this case, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support here.

They'll take a look and do their best to help 🙂

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

I got 3 months premium for free. I did everything right but my account still isn't premium.

Marked as solution

Hi @Imran,

Remember that our offers are valid per person, not per account. If you create a new account, this will not make you eligible for a new trial.

So if you tried to activate Premium through the Introductory Trial Offer but you were redirected to activating it without a trial, it's worth checking whether you created more than one Spotify account and activated Premium on one of these in the past.

You can check on this  by following the steps you'll find here.

Please keep us posted if we can help you any further!

Mario Moderator

Hey Mario, I had a question about the 3-month free Spotify Bing. It says that I'm not eligible for it. I had Spotify for 1 year and got premium like 3 months or 4. Please respond, thank you.

Hey @dave162,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

The current 3 months Premium offer is for people that haven't tried Premium before - new subscribers. It's possible that you see the promotion for this on Spotify's home page when you're not logged in because the site can't track if you've had a subscriptions before. Sorry if that has caused any confusion!

If you're getting an error message when trying to redeem the offer - it means that you're not eligible.

This can also happen if you've paid for Premium in the past on another account with the same payment method or if your account was on Premium as member of a Family plan before. In those cases it won't be possible to activate any trial offer as well. For full information on the topic, check out this support article. 

Hope this clear things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you :slightly_smiling_face: 

LyubkaModerator

Two accounts were created on the same device, using the same card but nothing else, and not for or by the same person. Why can't the other person also get the trial? 

Hi there @user-removed,

Thanks for the post.

The Spotify payment system checks if your payment method has been used to pay for Spotify Premium in the past. If it has, such is in your case, the second account would not be eligible for trial, as the trial deal is intended for users who've never used Premium before. 

Hope this makes sense.

AlexModerator

Hi my name is Kaitlyn I just wanted to message you guys bc it won’t let me do the 3 mouth free trial on Spotify.

Hi there @DrPepperyy,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

As we mentioned in our previous replies here, the 3-month Premium trial offer is only for people who haven't tried Premium before. This does not only apply to accounts, but to users in general. This means if you have used your payment method to pay for Premium before, even if it was from a different account, you might not be elegible.

If that's not the case and you haven't tried Premium before, try subscribing again from an incognito tab or a different device. Additionally, make sure your payment method meets these requirements.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts