Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Advice with setting up Sonos - want a “master account” plus our two individual duo accounts

Solved!

Advice with setting up Sonos - want a “master account” plus our two individual duo accounts

I currently have a Premium Duo subscription for myself and my wife. This is working reasonably well, except for when we just put on some music via voice command on Sonos. It always plays from my account and therefore messes with my recommendations, favourite artists etc. 

is there a way to have a “master” or “guest” account, and then our 2 personal accounts? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JamieDenton,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community.

You can add multiple Spotify accounts to one Sonos account and switch between those accounts. You can find out how to do that in this Sonos support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JamieDenton,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community.

You can add multiple Spotify accounts to one Sonos account and switch between those accounts. You can find out how to do that in this Sonos support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi @Maxim, thank you for the link and info. This makes a lot of sense.

It is a shame that there’s no option of having a “guest” type account to save the hassle of having to switch between who is listening (especially when we are just throwing something on as background music) but I wonder if this is a possibility with the family plan instead?

thanks again!

Hey @JamieDenton ,

Unfortunately, there's no such thing. Each member of a Premium Family plan gets their own account, just like in the Duo plan. 

You can check if there's already an idea for this kind of feature, and if there isn't, submit an idea: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/newideas 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts