Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Playlists] Be honest

[All Platforms][Playlists] Be honest

What about a simple and fast way to cancel a Spotify plan ?  The instructions don't work...

5 Replies

Hey, @Mol6 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry for the delay in answering you here. In addition, sorry to hear you're probably having some difficulty canceling your current Premium plan. But, don't worry, it's really simple to cancel it anytime you want to. Just take a look at the following:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click CHANGE PLAN.
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click CANCEL PREMIUM.
  4. Continue through to the confirmation message. 

If you need more help on it, you can take a look at this support article, and also have in mind you can count on us here in the community anytime.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Herzog,

Thanks for your answer, however it doesn't work... Try it yourself...

Attached there's a file where you can see there's no such option to cancel.

screenshot-www.spotify.com-2021.01.03-19_10_14.png

Hey again, @Mol6 

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Checking the screenshot you've attached, I could realize that probably we are missing something. Just took some screenshots from my own account, just to show you better how to cancel your Premium subscription. Follow it:

1. Go to your account overview page
  2. Here you will scroll the page to reach the 'Seu Plano' section. It will show your current plan, mine is Spotify Family. 
  3. Here you'll tap 'Mudar de Plano'

Captura de Tela 2021-01-04 às 00.58.41.png

4.  After tapping the button, you'll go to this new page, as shown below. Then you'll scroll down and find 'Spotify Free' and finally tap the button 'Cancelar o Premium'

Captura de Tela 2021-01-04 às 00.57.28.png

5.   Again you'll reach another page where you need to confirm the desire to cancel your Premium subscription. Just need to tap 'Quero' and that's all...

Captura de Tela 2021-01-04 às 01.10.00.png

If for any reason, you cannot reproduce it there, tell me, and if possible, try to record your screen showing what happens differently than what I've shown here...

Just for your information, I'm also Brazilian, so if you prefer we can talk in Portuguese too.

Keep me posted! 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Luan

LuanSpotify Star

Hi Luan,

Tudo bem ? 

Bom falar com um brasileiro !

A sequência de tela que postei é exatamente o caminho que você sugeriu...

Pura e simplesmente não tem a opção de mudar para Free.

Estou muito bravo, pois comprei o Premium no fim de Dezembro clicando numa promoção que oferecia  3 meses grátis e está aparecendo que meu plano expira em 31/Janeiro/21 !  Pô, é muta avacalhação...

Grato pelo help.

Marcelo

Olá novamente, Marcelo!

Obrigado por manter o contato...

Nesse caso, gostaria de te pedir que verifique o status atual da sua conta. Tem certeza que essa conta que você está tentando reverter ao Free está com uma assinatura Premium ativa? Verifique a página de recibos da sua conta e veja se conta a assinatura, por favor. Eu estou perguntando isso porque talvez você possa estar com duas contas ativas e o Premium está em alguma outra conta...

Eu também sugiro que verifique todas as suas contas de email em busca da confirmação da assinatura.

Me mantenha informado!

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts