Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Been a member of family plan but still being charged for my premium account

Been a member of family plan but still being charged for my premium account

Hi, I’ve looked into this as much as I can and am getting frustrated so thought I’d reach out here. Back in June my father created a family plan on Spotify under his credit card. I joined it in June and my profile online says I am under the family plan. However, I still got charged $9.99 in July and $ 9.99 today 8/1/20. I let the July charge go because I thought it needed to maybe finish that billing cycle or something but was confused when I got charged again today. When I looked at my account subscription type on the Spotify app, it says Premium. When I log in on a web browser and look at my subscription type, it says Premium Family. What’s going on? it’s the same account. Same email login and everything. Why am i still being charged and why doesn’t my App update to the family plan? Any help would be great. Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey there @mcampbellx,

As you are reporting this is happening across two different devices using the same login, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify Support who are able to take a look behind the scenes and see how they can help. 

Could you reach out to Spotify by heading to the About Page here and then you have Option 3 which will take you to Email/Live Chat if an advisor is available or you can reach out to Spotify over on @SpotifyCares in a DM on twitter and someone will be able to take a look deeper.

Have an awesome weekend, 

Suggested posts