Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Billing date changed... again...

Billing date changed... again...

This is the 2nd time I have had this issue, last time Spotify told me to eff myself and kept my money. Now it has happened a second time and I am sick of being scammed.

After a break from spotify I came back and started a premium account on Apr 17th, did the upgrade and was charged all on Apr 17th. Well here we are only May 6th and Spotify has decided to go ahead and steal $14.99 out of my account. I am not supposed to be charged until the 17th!!!

3 Replies

Hey there @JoshWobbles,

thanks for posting !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue.

You might have more than one account active which can explain the two charges.

Please use this link to locate all accounts listed with your details.

Make sure to cancel any subscription you're not using and the charges will defenately stop.

In addition, you can always use the same help page and reach out to support and have them take a closer look.

Have a great day 😃

I dont have 2 charges, they are charging me early by 11 days. I only have 1 account. No other subscriptions or accounts. The "help" only lets me come here, ther is no direct contact method available and if there is it is hidden in a way so that spotify can avoid helping people as much as possible.

Hey there @JoshWobbles,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

If you start a Premium for Family plan as the owner, but you already were on a regular Premium subscription, your next payment date will likely be a few days earlier than it would be normally due to the different price.

Since you mention you were charged earlier than your regular billing date, this would explain what happened here. You can double check this by taking a look at the receipts listed here

If that doesn't help, it's also possible that a regular Spotify payment didn't go through on the usual renewal date previously. When this happens, you’ll receive an email notification but you won't immediately lose your subscription. We’ll keep trying to take the payment over the next few days. This would explain why you see two charges close together.

You can also find more info about this in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts