Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blackhat undo cancel subscription notification

Blackhat undo cancel subscription notification

I've cancelled my decade long Premium subscription due to the latest UI update ruining Spotify with features removed. My subscription was set to end on the 24/11 (tomorrow) and as I opened Spotify in my car it said:

Title: "Your premium is about to end on 24/11"

Smaller Text: didn't read

Buttons: [Confirm] [Cancel]

I read the title and thought: yes I confirm that it's going to end. Then just as I clicked it. I noticed in the smaller text there was a paragraph that is essentially: "You're going to lose all of your awesome Premium features, would you like to re-subscribe?"

I was essentially tricked into re-subscribing to Premium through a black hat UX method from a full screen prompt that required careful reading before I could close and open my music.

If you focused on improving the UI and not removing a decade of features, you wouldn't have to resort to cheap tricks to prevent people from unsubscribing. 

Spotify has gone from the best to the absolute worst in my eyes and I can't believe I hate a company as much as I do now. I'm never coming back

2 Replies

Hey @intellix, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Spotify! If you have any features you're requesting or want to see return, you can always create a new Idea about this here.

I also passed your feedback to the right teams. If you need anything else, I'm here!

Have a great day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Revert the new desktop update.

Suggested posts