Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't change country, can't change credit card

Can't change country, can't change credit card

FAQs say that changing payment card will prompt a menu to change the country. This doesn't happen. I'm just told to change the country. 

I check how to do this, and am told to change the card.

I check my profile/account, and the option to change the country manually is greyed out.

EDIT: Having tried a fourth time, it offered to change to Canada. Now it won't recognize any of my three cards (all of which are Canadian, all of which work fine for online transactions.)

Please help.

2 Replies

Hey @bandatta, welcome to our Spotify Community!

We'd recommend making sure your card meets the requirements here. If everything is under control, you'll be able to update your payment info at spotify.com/account/subscription from an incognito window.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I'm having the same problem, though with my Swedish VISA card.
I've just tried the incognito window option but there is still no window for changing country.
Also, the link that's supposed to show the card requirements just shows an article on how to change payment method, telling you to put in the card details correctly. There is no list of requirements in that part of the article.

I have used this card before, only switched to a UK card while I was temporarily working there.

Please fix this issue.

Suggested posts