Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Can't change my country to the US

Can't change my country to the US

I recently moved back to the US and can't find it anywhere under the country section. I am a student, so I want to use the discount, but it won't let me change my card to the US one, and I can't find the US option anywhere. Should I wait until my subscription expires to change it?
10 Replies

Hi @dtmq

Here's a guide on how to change your region for premium subscribers. If this doesn't work, please let me know 🙂

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Hey. I found these instructions before, but the problem is that the US does not appear in the drop-down list of countries. Therefore I can't submit my payment information (which is in the US).

This method doesn't work for me either! 

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

You can change your country settings updating your payment method following the steps @kaworu_bloodpaw  sent previously. It's important to do so while connected to a local WiFi network. Also, keep in mind that the payment method you want to use has to be issued in the country you're currently living in. 

Keep in mind that the changes will take effect from your next billing date meaning if you've already registered successfully your new payment method which was issued in the country you're currently living in, your country settings will change as well on that day. 

If you have any questions, just let us know :slightly_smiling_face:

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey,

I'm following those instructions, and I'm connected to wifi since I'm trying to do it from my laptop. The problem is that the US doesn't appear in the drop-down list. 

Hey @dtmq,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As @Eni mentioned earlier - you'd first need to update your payment method and then you should be able to change your country and pick US. You've mentioned that you've moved to US recently. If you're currently paying for your Spotify subscription with a credit/debit card that's not issued in the US, then US won't appear in drop-down list. The way it works is that a payment method needs to be native to the country/region where you move. 

We'd also suggest that you try via this link and if that doesn't work, it'd be great if you can send us a screenshot of where you are trying to change your country to US. This will help us investigate further.

Note: Be aware this is a public space, so please don't share any personal info on the screenshot you'll send us.

Hope this clear things up. Let us know if you have more questions. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,

I'm trying to access the student plan, so I must first go through Sheer ID. This is the menu where the US isn't showing up. Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 7.38.25 AM.png

Hi there @dtmq,

Thanks for the reply and the screenshot. 

Since you're not seeing the US as an option, most likely your account is set to another country. 

You can log in your account page and make sure your country is set to USA. Once this is done, the USA should appear in the list and you should be able to proceed with activating your Student discount.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

meine ausländische Kreditkarte soll zum zahlen verwendet werden.

Hey there!

I hope you don't mind us replying in English, it's the official Community language.

Please take a look at the replies from @Eni@Lyubka & @kaworu_bloodpaw 🙂
In case further questions arise, don't hesitate to ask; we'd be happy to help!
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts