Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't get premium even if card is registered in the same country and not blocked

Can't get premium even if card is registered in the same country and not blocked

Hi all,

I have been a premium user for years, and I have recently moved to Switzerland, where I had to change my region and, consequently, my payment method as well. Both my debit and credit card are not blocked (I mean, I use them daily) and, for some reason, they are both rejected when trying to upgrade my account to the individual premium subscription. I am reaching out to Spotify's customer support to please sort this out. I have been using Apple Music for over a month now just because I can't use my account with Premium anymore.

3 Replies

Hi @ntauthority0,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

Just to confirm, have you tried updating the payment details in a private/incognito window? This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.  

It's also a good idea to try on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

None of this helped unfortunately…

Hi there @ntauthority0,

Thanks for the post.

In this case, you might want to contact your bank and make sure your new card from Switzerland is enabled for international secure online automatic payments. If it's not, our system won't be able to deduct the subscription amount on every term.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts