Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you pay for Spotify via Direct Debit?

Solved!

Can you pay for Spotify via Direct Debit?

Is there any way to pay for Spotify via Direct Debit (autogiro), without using a credit card? I live in Sweden.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, and welcome to the community!

At the moment, we don't offer payments via Direct Debit.

You can pay for Premium in lots of ways though.

To check the payment methods available in your country, just log into your Subscription page here and click Get Premium.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, and welcome to the community!

At the moment, we don't offer payments via Direct Debit.

You can pay for Premium in lots of ways though.

To check the payment methods available in your country, just log into your Subscription page here and click Get Premium.

Thanks 🙂

This sucks - not being able to anticipate the date the payment will come out of my account is frustrating - in my banking app I can see all dd's and standing orders - but Spotify just comes out without any warning so sometimes I can go into unarranged overdraft charges - are you going to reimburse me for that? No, didn't think so. So pull your fingers out and set-up dd & s/o as payment options please. I only have this problem with a handful of businesses I transact with, but Spotify is definitely one of them. Shame on Spotify. Hardly progressive is it?

Completely agree, I want to pay for Spotify out of my Monzo bills pot but can't because you don't do DD / SO

For exactly the reasons @Jerseyhouse states above, it is very annoying not to be able to handle the payment as a regular direct debit.

It’s four and a half years since this question was asked, why the heck isn’t this a thing yet? Direct Debits and Standing Orders have been common practices for so long now, please implement this

It is about time that Spoify considered direct debit as a way of taking payments. It is more secure than a credit card, and the transaction charges would be lower. It really is a no brianer.

Spotify please will you add direct debit as a payment method. My mum needs to have two direct debits to be eligible for her current account, as she lives in a care home her Spotify account is one of only two monthly payments she makes. Will probably have to cancel Spotify premium for her as the bank account fees without the direct debits are half the amount of a Spotify account.
 Is there any good reason not to offer direct debit as a payment method?

Suggested posts