Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot pay by mobile?

Solved!

Cannot pay by mobile?

Last year, I received a free year of Spotify premium, loved it but now its all done 

Tought I could simply add it as a recuring charge trough my mobile provider, but apparently I cant.

I am one of those crazy person that refuse to use a credit card, hence mobile pay(or trough google play store) is pretty much my only choice.

So, no more spotify for me? Is it really impossible to pay trough my phone?

(Im in canada trough rogers, in case it change anything)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Godcyric and welcome to the Community! 🙂

There are a couple options for you to pay without a CC if you'd like to restart Premium directly through Spotify. Unfortunately, once your trial ran out your phone provider does not manage the account. I checked Rogers website and have copied their info regarding billing below.
Spotify offers the option to use Paypal, gift cards, or pre-paid CC's if you don't want to leave a personal credit card on file, but in order to have Premium you will have to have some kind of payment type active. I hope this helps and good luck!

(From Rogers Spotify FAQ)

Why does Spotify need my credit card information?

When you sign up for Spotify Premium you’ll be asked to provide your credit card information. No charges will be billed until your 6 months of free access have passed. After that, Spotify will charge a monthly subscription fee to your credit card (currently $9.99 per month).

If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you can do so through the Spotify website.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @Godcyric and welcome to the Community! 🙂

There are a couple options for you to pay without a CC if you'd like to restart Premium directly through Spotify. Unfortunately, once your trial ran out your phone provider does not manage the account. I checked Rogers website and have copied their info regarding billing below.
Spotify offers the option to use Paypal, gift cards, or pre-paid CC's if you don't want to leave a personal credit card on file, but in order to have Premium you will have to have some kind of payment type active. I hope this helps and good luck!

(From Rogers Spotify FAQ)

Why does Spotify need my credit card information?

When you sign up for Spotify Premium you’ll be asked to provide your credit card information. No charges will be billed until your 6 months of free access have passed. After that, Spotify will charge a monthly subscription fee to your credit card (currently $9.99 per month).

If you want to cancel your paid subscription, you can do so through the Spotify website.

Suggested posts