Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change currency

Solved!

Change currency

I'm on the premiun plan and the currency is in aus dollars how do I change it to euros?

Heather 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Alaimard!

Oh, so you can't change you country settings. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info. Also, make sure to update your payment method to one that matches the country you're currently in 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hello @HG232!

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

Your payment method's country must match your account country settings. That means if your card is from Europe, you'll have to change your account settings to the country your card is from so you are charged in euros instead of dollars. You can do that from your Spotify account page.

Let me know how you get on! I'm here to help 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello,

I changed by country settings but for some reason I'm still shown at being in GB, which means that payment for Premium is shown in £.

Can you pelase help ?

Hello @Alaimard!

Unfortunately, you can only play for Premium in euros if you currently live in a country where euros is the official language. It depends on you location so you'll have to pay in pounds unless your location is set to another country.

Sorry for not having better news and have a nice day.

Jose_MSpotify Star

That's precisely my problem : I want to pay in Euros as I'm now based in France but for some reason I'm still registeres as being in the UK so the price is shown in £. I don't want to pay bank charges over this, can you please help change my location ?

Marked as solution

Hey @Alaimard!

Oh, so you can't change you country settings. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info. Also, make sure to update your payment method to one that matches the country you're currently in 🙂

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Great thanks, all working now !

Hey @Alaimard! That's great. I'm glad to hear everything's fine now 🙂 Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with and...

https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC?si=O7xp1d-JS8yNtPpUuQQdFA

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi Jose

I'm lost on the same issue, and your support link is broken.

I have an Israeli Account, paid In ILS, but I am living in Greece and want to change to EUR. I cannot change the country without changing the payment, and I cannot change the payment without changing the currency. How do I get out of this catch 22?

Hey @Groopit,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, you can change the country or region in your account by adding a payment method from the country you're located currently. You can follow the steps in this article to do it. The changes will take effect from your next billing date.

Nevertheless, if this doesn't do the trick, you can also cancel your subscription by following the steps in this article. Once you've done that, you can wait until your account is on free to change the region or country. Keep in mind your new location only shows up when you’re actually there. You can follow the steps in this article to make the change.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi I am meeting the same issue where I am trying to update my location from UK to Portugal but it won't let me. I cannot add any other card for payment as they do not match my account's country (set as UK, which I cannot modify). Could you please advise as to how to update localization settings and payment methods to use a euro card ?
Thanks

Hey @Suziwann,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

The way it works is that you always need to use a payment method native to the country/region where your account is currently set to. You've mentioned your account is a UK one, so you'd need to first update your payment method to one that's issued in your new country. Once you do that, you should be able to change your country. 

You can find out more info about the different payment methods that you can use in this article as well. 

Tip: We usually advise that you change your payment details in an incognito window to avoid the possible issues that the data stored in your browser may cause.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm having the same issue. Even in incognito mode I cannot update my card details to local account as it continues to tell me 'Your payment method and country don't match'.

Same issue for some reason. Based in the EU, always have been, haven't changed country, but for some reason, when I earlier went into updating to premium, it showed up the amount in US $ 

I solved this another way. In the URL, it had spotify.com/us/premium.. If I changed that "us" with, for example "it", for Italy, the page would reload in the us version, showing the amount in us dollars. When I entered the correct country's fix though, it loaded up with the amount in Euro 🤷

Suggested posts