Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for subscription but did not subscribe

Solved!

Charged for subscription but did not subscribe

Hi

I've been told by my bank that spotify is charging me for a subscription which I have not subscribed to. Also, it shows on my account that I'm on Spotify Free.

I'm fine with the free service but I don't need a subscription at all.

Can someone help me with this?

Regards Mary
Screenshot_20170704-192926.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Mary,

If you can get access to a computer it will make this process slightly easier. What you need to do is access your online spotify account and go to account overview which you can find here.

On the right hand side of the page you can see an updated page which will show you the status of your account (ie whether it is premium or free). If it is premium go ahead and cancel it, you may have signed up for it by mistake and even after you cancel it, you can take advantage of the premium features for the rest of the month since you've paid for it.

If your subscription status is Free, you may have a second account with Spotify. It's worth checking your email inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails - that can mean your extra account is registered with that email. 

If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually:

• If you use your Facebook details try using the blue "Log in with Facebook button." 
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering your username or email address. 

Once you've logged in, try the cancel process again and ensure you reach the final confirmation screen. 

Tip: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify (for example your mobile or broadband company), you need to contact that company to cancel.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes

Carl 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey Mary,

If you can get access to a computer it will make this process slightly easier. What you need to do is access your online spotify account and go to account overview which you can find here.

On the right hand side of the page you can see an updated page which will show you the status of your account (ie whether it is premium or free). If it is premium go ahead and cancel it, you may have signed up for it by mistake and even after you cancel it, you can take advantage of the premium features for the rest of the month since you've paid for it.

If your subscription status is Free, you may have a second account with Spotify. It's worth checking your email inboxes to see if you have any Spotify emails - that can mean your extra account is registered with that email. 

If you don't have another email address, note how you log into the Spotify app usually:

• If you use your Facebook details try using the blue "Log in with Facebook button." 
  • If you use your Spotify username try entering your username or email address. 

Once you've logged in, try the cancel process again and ensure you reach the final confirmation screen. 

Tip: If you subscribed through any other company than Spotify (for example your mobile or broadband company), you need to contact that company to cancel.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes

Carl 🙂

Suggested posts