Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Charged twice

Charged twice

Hello!

I seem to be getting charged an additional $9.99 per month along with my student discount amount of $4.99. In the past I had signed up for other plans like the $0.99 for the summer and wasn't charged anything additional, so I assumed that it would be the same when I sign up for the student discount. Is it a glitch in the system or did I have to cancel my original plan of $9.99 before signing up for the student discount? If its a wrong ful charge will I be refunded?

Thank you!

3 Replies

Hey there @Zuzu5

Hope you're doing great! 

Sorry to hear this. If you’ve been charged twice I recommend looking at this Spotify Answer for more information and the next steps to take.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi! @Billy-J

I'm doing ok thanks for asking. 

Thank you for your solution, however, none of them seem to fit my description. I had a spotify account connected with my facebook but that has been canceled a long time ago and my only other account is the one that I'm being charged twice.

No one else in my family or my friends has any access to any information regarding my accounts, as well as my banking accounts, and I had not seen an suspicious charges either.

As for the pending charges solution, I would need to contact my bank, I can do so asap this week.

Should this solution not be the answer that I am looking for, what other steps might I need to take? If it helps I noticed that October and November were the only months I was charged additional. 

Thank you for you're help! I hope I can get this situated soon!

Hey again @Zuzu5.

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with this. In that case, I'd recommend contacting Spotify Customer support as they can take a closer look. You can reach out to them here.

Have a nice day! 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts